thirty-seven: Phone call

There are far, far
Better things ahead
Than anything we leave
Behind

-

C. S. Lewis

Yoongi's POV

I always believed that not attaching to other people is the best way to find happiness. As cruel as it may sound, it helped me a long time.

Not opening up to others means that no one can hurt you, right?

Well I realized that the best way to find happiness is certainly not the lonely way.

Maybe me being alone for such a long time is the reason why I became so addicted to Y/N.

Whatever the reason for my foolish lovestruckness is, I knew that no damn human in this world could take her away from me anymore.

I watched her sleeping on the couch, her teddy being pressed against her chest tightly, as I sat at my desk, afraid of waking her up.

My eyes scanned her peacefull sleeping figure and all I could think of was how lucky I was. This beautiful girl right there was mine.

Only mine.

I carefully took out my phone and opened the camera roll, snapping a photo of her adorable sleeping state. I hadn't realized that the flash was turned on and I did what I wanted to prevent so badly.

I woke her up.

She huffed and blinked confused as she got up from her comfortable position to look at my face through cute sleepy eyes.

Mentioned eyes wandered from my face to the phone I held in my hands. I was about to apologize for being a creep but she cut me off before I could even start.

"Call her." She mumbled, catching me off guard.

"Call who?" I asked dumbly and she sighed while rubbing her eyes tired.

"Your mom. She always texted me, asking if you were fine but I didn't know how you were doing. Now I know and I want you to call her."

I leaned back while she talked, taking in the information.

"I..." I was about to deny but-

Fuck it, I can't deny her.

I grabbed my phone reluctantly and started the call, waiting for her to pick up.

She answered after the second ring.

Your POV

I left the room, not wanting to bother Yoongi in any ways.

I locked eyes with him before leaving and saw the sadness in them, which he tried to hide with a reassuring smile.

I grabbed a random black hoodie and pulled it over, to prevent the cold air to bother me any longer.

I ended up standing in the kitchen, to wait for Yoongi signalizing me to come back in.

Yoongi talked quietly. That was a good sign. It means that they aren't arguing.

When he came out of the room I again saw the sad shadow that laid over his face traits and once again felt so awfully sorry for him.

When Yoongi spotted me in the kitchen his face lit up and he tried to cover his really emotions as always but he couldn't fool me.

He sneaked his arms around me, trapping me between the kitchen counter and his own body, so that I faced his chest.

"You really should wear my clothes more often." He mumbled while nuzzling his nose in my hair.

"You look incredibly sexy in them."

His hand sneaked under my hoodie and tugged slightly on it.

"What did she say?" I asked, partly trying to stop Yoongi from doing whatever he was about to do and to stop him from avoiding this specific topic.

He sighed defeated, "S-She was happy to hear that I was fine."

I just nodded, accepting his answer.

We stayed like that for a while, cuddling eachother until I forced myself to separate from him again.

"I think I'll have to go back home." I mumbled.

He smirked down at me, "You promised me to do something fun when we're home."

I felt my face turn red and flustered, "W-When did I ever say that?"

"When we were in Daegu remember?" He said cheekily.

"N-No."

He laughed and I have to admit that it was the sexiest sound I heard till then.

"Let's do something fun tomorrow."

My eyes widened, "W-What?"

He moved closer towards me, trapping me with his dark eyes.

"Kitten..."

He whispered

"Let's go on a date tomorrow."

I could've slapped myself in that moment.

Something fun. Of course he meant a date. What did you think of?

Tch

I nodded still flustered and Yoongi once again laughed at my behaviour.

He ruffled my hair and pecked my lips quickly.

"See ya then." He said still grinning like an idiot.

I hit his arm playfully and was about to open the front door when I remembered one last thing.

I turned around to look him in the eyes.

"Stop smoking Yoongi."

He frowned at my word and I took out the white lighter.

"You lost this. I won't give it back to you." I said, realizing that I did sound like a little kid.

"Listen Kitten, it's a bad habit I know but-"

"Just stop. Do it for me."

I knew I got him there.

I opened the door and stepped outside.

"Love you Yoongi." I said, blowing a kiss before closing the door behind me.

^._.^

🤔 there aren't a lot of chapters left...

Vote & comment

💜💜