thirty-three: Parental Love

"Well, I guess it's now or never."

Yoongi was about to ring the door bell but the door flew open before he could even reach it and a crying women threw herself onto him.

He made a surprised step backwards, his features changing from nervous to surprised to completely blank.

I watched his figure, as he stood there not able to move an inch. His body was entirely frozen as the crying women whom I supposed to be his mom clinged onto him, not saying a single word. Just crying.

I gently touched her shoulder and she seperated herself from her only son.

As I was finally able to see her face I was stunned about how similar Yoongi was to his mom. Both had this cat like eyes and the rather slim figure, that was making her look tiny besides me, although we must've been about the same height.

She seemingly just noticed now that another person was present and her eyes widened as she saw me.

Her hands found mine and she brought them to her face, so that my knuckles were touching her forehead.

"Thank you" She whispered.

"Thank you for bringing him back."

Her voice sounded weak and hoarse as if she hadn't spoken for a long time.

Yoongi glared at me as it slowly dawned him that I had already contacted her before we came here. But he didn't mention it.

He glanced in the dark apartement that seemed so lonely and abandoned and looked back at his mother, "Where's Eunju ?"

His mother's eyes widened and she immediately let go of me, "Your Dad? H-He's working..."

I heard a little bit of sadness mixing into her weak voice.

She suddenly forced a smile on her tired face, "Whatever. Let's get in. I'm Suri by the way."

"I'm Y/N, nice to meet you." I said bowing, making her tch.

"No need to be formally with me." She said turning around to walk back into her apartement.

"I don't deserve this anyways."

Turned out Yoongi and his mom had one more thing in common: The messy apartment.

But while Yoongi's was just messy because he never tidied it, his parents' apartment was overly stuffy. A bunch of useless plastic trash layed around everywhere. Every counter, table or chair was covered with empty food boxes, magazines, plastic package or dirty dishes.

It looked like the people who lived here...didn't exactly have a life.

"Ah I'm sorry that you have to see this." Suri said, shoving a bundle of dirty laundry off the dining table.

"I should've atleast cleaned up a bit. After all you're my only child's girlfriend."

I looked down embarrassed and felt Yoongi's arm sneaking around my back. That was because he needed support right now.

We sat down on the old leather couch and didn't said anything as Suri went to the kitchen to get us something to drink.

I heard her rummaging around and talking to herself while getting out cups for us to drink.

Wait. Talking to herself?

I used to do that when I was alone at home 24/7.

I also noticed it when I looked around the room. The laundry laying around, the woman magazines and foremost, the furniture that wasn't exactly what you would call intact.

"Where's Eunju?"

'He's at work' my ass. There wasn't any man living in this apartment.

When I turned my head I catched Yoongi's eyes. He also had noticed.

At that moment Suri came back from the kitchen, happily humming as she placed down the cups.

With a sigh she sat down on a white plastic chair and crossed her legs.

"So..." She said, looking at us as if she wanted us to break the silence.

"Suri", Yoongi said dead serious, "Where. Is. Eunju?"

She looked at him in silence and repeated her words from eralier, much more serious than then, "He's at work."

"No, he isn't." Yoongi denied and I saw a spark of anger in his eyes I've never seen before.

And I'll be honest. He scared me at that time.

"I'm asking you one more time. Where is he?"

All emotion fell off her face and she looked him in the eyes with a blank expression, "He died. He died one year ago due high alcohol consume. Was it that what you wanted to hear Yoongi?"

He stared at her.

For a long time.

Then he stood up abruptly, knocking over a cup and leaving without anywords. Without taking me with him.

I didn't dare to move or to breath until I heard the door close with a crash.

"I didn't imagine it to turn out like that to be honest." Suri said, taking a sip of her tea.

She seemed relaxed but her hands were shaking like crazy and her voice broke at her last word.

I bit my lower lip as I felt this ache in my heart. This ache I felt for another person hurting. For this other person that meant too much for me.

"I'm sorry Yoongi." I whispered and also stood up.

"I'll talk to him." I mumbled and Suri nodded.

"He's lucky having you. How I wish  to also have a person by my side who loves me like you love Yoongi." She said and I saw a single tear rolling down her cheek.

^._.^

Ok but I didn't plan it to turn out like that, I promise

Vote & comment

💜💜