one

Chaeyoung heard the tap on her office door and looked up as Jisoo walked in and sat down. Jisoo dropped an invitation in front of Chaeyoung.

"I know you don't like to bother with these types of things but I want to go to this and technically it's you that is invited with a plus one..." Jisoo said, dragging out the sentence long enough for Chaeyoung to roll her eyes.

Chaeyoung picked up the invitation. It was a soft opening of a new restaurant not far from YG. Chaeyoung had a vague memory of either reading about it or hearing about it but she was mostly happy eating a salad at home so she hadn't paid it much attention.

"Gureum?" Chaeyoung said, "That's an odd name for a restaurant. Who names a restaurant after a cloud."
(there was that one vlive where they were decorating a cake and lisa kept asking the members to add a cloud. i thought it was so cute lol so yea it's called gureum)

"Oh, come on, Chaeng," Jisoo said, "a cloud is a metaphor for a lot of things, it's not just a cloud. This is the place I've been telling you about. It's the woman chef who won the James Beard award at only 23 years old. She opened the restaurant in New York for a few years but now she's coming home.

"Yes, I vaguely remember you telling me about it," Chaeyoung said, "and I wasn't all that interested."

"You know," Jisoo said smirking, "sometimes you make it exceedingly difficult to be your friend."

"I won't argue with that," Chaeyoung answered, "You know I just don't care about food that much. You're the foodie. I swear if I eat one hamburger I gain 20 pounds - all in my ass and boobs. It's really not appealing."

"First of all, your ass and your boobs are incredible and don't pretend you don't know it," Jisoo teased, "and, secondly, I am happy to inform you that in addition to real food this chef is known for an extensive vegan menu."

"Vegan food is actually the real food you know," Chaeyoung answered.

"Ok, let me try this," Jisoo huffed, "the chef, Lalisa Manoban, is taking a huge risk coming to Seoul. In addition to the restaurant, she is apparently trying to start some sort of philanthropy to help bring good, clean food choices to the poorer parts of our town. She is a young woman working her ass off to do well for herself but also to save the world. Sound familiar?"

"You know, it's true that less access to healthy foods continues the cycle of poverty by increasing both short term illnesses and long term diseases in economically challenged communities," Chaeyoung answered, reading over the invitation again.

"Yep, there's my Rosie," Jisoo said, "so can we go? I'll enjoy the food and you can meet another over achiever."

"Fine, Jisoo, we can go," Chaeyoung laughed.

"And you know, maybe we can meet some fun people," Jisoo said, "you never know where you'll meet someone interesting."

"I highly advise you get back to work and don't push your luck," Chaeyoung said, eyebrow raised.

Jisoo stood and walked toward the door, "Ok, I'm just saying..." she teased as she walked out.

•••

BamBam put the bruschetta into his mouth and slowly let the flavors sink onto his palate. He let out a long moan.

"My god, Lisa," BamBam said, "I don't know how you do it. I mean everyone makes bruschetta. Why is yours so much better?"

"Well, you made the bread," Lisa said, "and it's perfect. The rest is just finding the right balance of flavors."

"You found it, Lis," BamBam said, "this is outstanding."