thirty-four

Two months later...

Lisa walked into Chaeyoung's office at YG with a big smile. Chaeyoung stood and smoothed her dress. Lisa could sense that she was nervous.

"Does this all look ok?" Chaeyoung asked.

"You look great – a powerful, beautiful woman," Lisa answered, "I would kiss you but I don't want to mess you up before your press conference. Are you nervous?"

"I always get a little nervous before public speaking," Chaeyoung answered, "But I'm fine once I get started. It's the anticipation that kills me. This one is easy, I won't be doing much of the speaking."

The office message button lit up on Chaeyoung's phone and she picked it up. Joy let her know that the rest of the group was assembled in the board room and that the press was waiting. Chaeyoung took Lisa's hand and led her to the board room. Jennie, Jisoo, Daesung, Minzy and Bam Bam were all there talking with the rest of the board members. They all gave quick hugs and Chaeyoung went over the protocol with the group before they headed down to the press room. Lisa started to release her hold on Chaeyoung's hand as they got close and Chaeyoung paused.

"Is it ok if I still hang on?" she asked Lisa softly. Lisa smiled and held Chaeyoung's hand more tightly. They walked out together holding hands. Both noticed the flashing of cameras. The group found their seats and Lisa let go of Chaeyoung and gave her a reassuring rub on her back before sitting down. YG's press liaison stood at the podium. Chaeyoung waited for her introduction.

"Good morning, everyone," she started, "Thank you for being here. I think you were all given press releases earlier detailing the project we will be discussing this morning. Park Chaeyoung will speak first and then will turn over the program to Park Jinyoung. They will both be available for a few questions following their prepared statements."

She moved back from the podium and Chaeyoung walked up to the microphone confidently.

"Good morning, it's a pleasure to see everyone here today," Chaeyoung said as she took a breath before starting into the short speech, "YG decided to make its home Seoul, Korea a little more than five years ago. We were welcomed by this city and have been able to flourish and grow here. I truly believe that corporations that succeed have an obligation to give something back to the communities that support them. Here at YG we have many employees from the countryside of Korea. We have been meeting for the last few months to formulate a plan to help their areas share in the success that has enveloped many of our other neighborhoods. After many meetings and months of planning a nonprofit was formed – Namwon New Hope. So far the funding has been exclusively from YG and from me personally but we intend to reach out to other corporations and individuals in Seoul for additional charitable funding. Namwon New Hope has purchased just under 2,000 acres of land for sustainable farming and business ventures related to the farm. The Board of Directors are listed in your packet. It is my hope that within just a few years Namwon New Hope will be a self-sustaining venture and will have helped to start revitalization of the area. Our main goal is to provide training and good jobs with benefits to the citizens of Namwon. You will notice that the majority of our Board is made up of men and women who grew up there and they will guide this project with input from the people who live there today. I'd like to introduce the man who will be heading up Namwon New Hope, Park Jinyoung. Jinyoung has worked with me here at YG since we opened shop. He has managed numerous projects and patented multiple new inventions for YG. He can manage teams of employees as well as anyone I have ever known. He grew up in Namwon and his parents still live there in their family home. He will give you more information about the nuts and bolts of our project."

Chaeyoung stepped back from the microphone and took her seat next to Lisa. Jinyoung walked to the microphone and started speaking. Chaeyoung reached over and took Lisa's hand and pulled it on to her lap. Lisa smiled at Chaeyoung and they sat comfortably while Jinyoung talked for a few minutes about the project. When he finished, Chaeyoung stood beside him and thanked him for his comments then opened the floor for questions. The first couple of questions were about specifics of the project and Ernest took the microphone to reply. The next question was for Lena.