thirteen

Chaeyoung walked into Gureum at 5:30 the night of the YG dinner. The guests were invited to start arriving at 6:00 for hors d'oeuvres and dinner would begin at 7:00. Jisoo was supposed to arrive any time. She was bringing Jennie as her guest.

Lisa was talking to the wait staff as Chaeyoung walked in. She gave Lisa a quick wave then sat at the bar while she finished her instructions. As soon as she was done Lisa walked over to Chaeyoung and gave her a welcoming hug.

"You look lovely tonight, Chaeyoung," Lisa said. Chaeyoung wondered if Lisa could sense how many outfits she had tried on before she settled on a scarlet colored boat necked sleeveless cocktail dress. She had her hair pulled up in a bun and she wore long dangling earrings that were drawing Lisa's eyes to her neck.

"Thank you, Lisa," Chaeyoung said, "I'm really looking forward to tonight. This is one of the few social events related to YG that I really enjoy."

"Well, I'm going to try to make it as special as I can for you and for your employees," Lisa answered.

Jisoo and Jennie walked through the door together holding hands. They walked over and greeted Chaeyoung and Lisa with hugs. Lisa excused herself to go back to the kitchen and the ladies sat at the bar. A waiter brought over glasses of the Prosecco they had chosen.

"You look pretty sexy tonight, Chaeyoung," Jisoo said.

"I'm standing right here," Jennie said, teasing Jisoo.

"You look smoking hot," Jisoo said to Jennie, "And I am definitely taking you home with me."

"You guys are going to behave appropriately once the employees arrive, right," Chaeyoung said.

"She'll turn into a CFO and I'll turn into an FBI Agent," Jennie said, "no big deal."

The guests started arriving and everyone was making small talk. YG was a big company so many of the people there had never met. Chaeyoung did her best to make introductions and keep conversations lively. While small groups tended to make Chaeyoung nervous she was very good at working a party.

The food was being passed and Chaeyoung enjoyed listening to everyone talking about how each appetizer was delicious. Generally no one complained about a free meal but she wasn't used to how much people were gushing over the food. She couldn't wait to tell Lisa.

The evening flowed smoothly. Dinner was flawless. Everyone was drinking and laughing and having a good time. Chaeyoung, Jisoo and Jennie were at a table with some people from the finance department. They all reported to Jisoo and Chaeyoung enjoyed listening to their interactions. It was clear they admired Jisoo and were comfortable in her presence. It seemed every table was downing the wine pretty quickly and Chaeyoung wondered how much that bill would be at the end of the night. She decided it really didn't matter since everyone was having so much fun.

Lisa walked out from the kitchen and was surveying the room as the dinner plates were being cleared. Chaeyoung got up and walked over to Lisa.

"My gosh, Lisa," Chaeyoung said, "you've outdone yourself. This is by far the best of these events we've ever had. No one can stop talking about the food, the service, everything."

"I'm so glad," Lisa said, "but I didn't mean to interrupt you. I was just coming out to take a quick look and make sure it's all ok."

"I'm glad you stepped out for a moment," Chaeyoung said, "I wanted to get a chance to tell you how happy everyone is."

"Well, they haven't even had Bam's dessert yet," Lisa said, "So they still have one thing to look forward to."

Suddenly a burst of laughter came from the table where Chaeyoung had been sitting. Lisa looked up to see Jisoo telling a story. Everyone was laughing, including Jennie, who had her arm casually resting over Jisoo's shoulder.