twenty-two

Lisa walked into Jennie's apartment for Sunday sister time and plopped down on the couch next to her.

"Tired?" Jennie asked.

"Yep, but I can't complain," Lisa said, "the restaurant is doing great.  We are booked solid every night of the week now, I mean even Tuesdays and Wednesdays we are really busy."

"That's awesome, Lisa," Jennie said, "I'm so proud of you."

"Thanks, Jennie," Lisa said, "So, how have you been this week?"

"You want the real answer?" Jennie asked.

"Of course," Lisa answered, turning to Jennie.

Jennie spent the next few minutes recounting her fight with Jisoo, her visit with Minzy and making up with Jisoo.

"You could have called me," Lisa said, "I'm sorry it's been such a tough few days."

"I know I can always call you," Jennie said, "but, honestly, I think I might have been just as aggressive to you as I was to Jisoo.  I was just in an angry place."

"Ok, so did you go see the psychologist?" Lisa asked.

"Yep, she was really great," Jennie said, "She mostly asked me questions about my life before the shooting and then what has been happening after.  I guess it was mostly a session to get to know me.  Toward the end she asked me about my biggest concerns I told her what happened with Jisoo.  She said that I had to find a way to balance out everything that Jisoo is doing for me – I mean not like keeping count of things we do for each other or anything.  She just said that I would never feel satisfied in our relationship if Jisoo was constantly giving and I wasn't able to do anything for her."

"I get that," Lisa said, "Did she have any suggestions?"

"Well, she said that the date that I set up the other night was a good thing," Jennie said, "She said that even small gestures can be very important in relationships, especially in difficult times."

"So is there anything I can help you with?" Lisa asked, "I mean, I'd love to help do something for Jisoo.  She really has been incredible."

"Actually, I was hoping maybe we could take Jisoo and Chaeyoung on a double date," Jennie said, "I know your schedule is really tough, though."

"No, I can make it work," Lisa said, "As a matter of fact, BamBam and I sat down and had a long talk about the restaurant yesterday.  With everything going on I think we both came to a realization. The point of this move was so that we would stop working ourselves into the ground so we have to find a way to do that.  We are going to start sharing duties a bit more rather than both being at the restaurant all the time.  Along with that, I am making him a minority partner in the restaurant."

"Wow, that's a big step, Lisa," Jennie said, "Are you sure you want to give up control like that?"

"I'm actually not giving up control," Lisa answered, "I'll still be the majority owner, but BamBam deserves a piece of the success.  And, honestly, I'd feel a lot better about sharing responsibilities knowing that he is getting something from it as well.  I talked to Dara about it at length before I approached BamBam.  She has shared ownership in a few ventures over the years.  She gave me a lot of good advice about it."

"Does she think it is a good idea?" Jennie asked.

"Yes, she does," Lisa said, "She thinks it will help me find balance in my life and she also thinks that it will help if we decide to open up other places around Korea."

"I just worry because you know they say that you shouldn't go into business with your friends," Jennie said, "I would hate to see anything come between you and BamBam."