seven

Jisoo parked outside of Jennie's townhouse and checked herself one more time in the car mirror before getting out. She was excited about the night. They had texted for a couple of days after their first date. By the middle of the week that had turned into nightly phone calls. Jisoo felt like a teenager as she lay in bed staying up late talking on the phone. She was really developing feelings for Jennie already. She took a deep breath and knocked on the door. Jennie answered just moments later.

"Hey there," Jennie said with a big smile.

"Hi," Jisoo said, smiling back, "you ready? You might want to grab a jacket." Jennie grabbed a light leather jacket from the rack by the door and followed Jisoo to the car.

"You know, I don't even have a car," Jennie said as she strapped in.

"You just Uber everywhere?" Jisoo asked.

"Oh, no, I have a motorcycle," Jennie answered.

"Wow," Jisoo said laughing, "Hardcore lesbian. I'm actually kind of terrified of motorcycles."

"I bet I can help you get over that," Jennie said.

"We'll see," Jisoo answered, "You know I work at a desk for a reason. I'm not a badass federal agent like you."

"Honestly, the vast majority of my work is at a desk too," Jennie said, "It's not like the tv shows. There are times when we go out to get the bad guys but most of the job takes place at a computer."

"I'm glad to hear that," Jisoo said, "Your job makes me a little nervous."

"No worries, Jisoo," Jennie said, "I'm careful." Jennie grinned to herself thinking that it was sweet that Jisoo was already worried about her well being.

"So tell me about this place we are going to," Jennie said, "I've heard of it but I haven't been."

"It's great," Jisoo said, "The developers bought up an area down by the river that was just an abandoned wharf. They filled it with old shipping containers that were converted to mobile kitchens. Every weekend the kitchens are filled with different pop up restaurants. You can try all different kinds of foods. There are big outdoor tents with seating and there's always live music, too."

"Sounds great," Jennie said. They just chatted until they arrived at the riverfront. As they walked in Jisoo led them to a stand that was making fresh squeezed juices. She chose the strawberry lemonade and Jennie chose limeade. They got their drinks then scanned the container units to see what they wanted to try next.

"I don't know where to start," Jennie said, "I've got to get Lisa to come here if she can ever get free on a weekend. This is great."

They decided to split up and grab a couple of things each and meet back under the tent. Jisoo arrived with empanadas from the Cuban pop up and yaka mein from the New Orleans unit. Jennie picked some spring rolls from the Vietnamese cart and some blue cheese sliders from the local vendor.

"Well, neither of us went for the healthy choices," Jennie said, laughing.

"I would get a good ten minute lecture from Chaeyoung if she saw this," Jisoo replied, laughing, "As a matter of fact I think I'll send her a food pic."

"What is that?" Jennie asked, pointing to the yaka mein.

"It's some kind of noodle soup," Jisoo said, "This nice older lady is running the pop up. She's from New Orleans. She swears this is the only thing in the world that truly cures a hangover. She was hilarious."

Jennie took the first bite, "Mmm, this is delicious, hangover or not."

Jisoo was fanning her mouth as she took a bite of one of the empanadas. "Too hot," Jisoo said, trying to cool her mouth with the lemonade.