eighteen

By Sunday afternoon all four women were hanging out together in Jennie's hospital room watching Netflix and chatting happily. Jennie's leg was feeling considerably better than the day before. The surgeon visited earlier and checked her wound and was pleased with the healing. He adjusted the pain medication down to begin weaning her off of the strongest medications. He told Jennie that a physical therapist and social worker would be checking in with her Monday morning and that it was possible she could be released as early as Monday afternoon but that it would most likely be Tuesday morning. Jennie was just glad to hear that there was a plan to get her out of there.

Minzy and Daesung showed up and, as usual, had a bag full of snacks for everyone. Jennie was able to eat whatever she wanted and was thrilled to see two glazed Dunkin donuts for her. They were all chatting about preparations to get Jennie home when Taeyang arrived for a visit.

"Agent Kim!" Taeyang said with a huge smile as he walked over to Jennie's bedside, "It's good to see you looking so alert and happy today. I can't tell you how relieved I am."

"Thanks, Taeyang," Jennie said with a smile, "I'm feeling way better today. They said I'll be out of here either tomorrow or Tuesday."

"Great news, Jennie," Taeyang said, "So I brought something to show you."

Taeyang pulled out his iPad and pulled up a video. Jennie was smiling widely as all of the agents on her team at the bureau sent messages to her. Most of the messages were sweet and thoughtful but her favorites were the ones that gently teased her or made her laugh. It was a wonderful surprise.

"Taeyang, that's great," Jennie said, "Can you send me the video so I can keep it?"

"It's already in your emails," Taeyang answered, "Also, I wanted you to know that a blood drive was held at the FBI on Saturday in your name. The line was out the door, Jennie. I think every agent in Seoul showed up, plus most of their families. I sent you a video of that as well."

Jennie was just smiling and shaking her head, almost unable to comprehend how much people cared about what was happening to her. Minzy was wiping tears from her cheeks.

"There are a couple of appointments I'd like to set up with you," Taeyang said.

"What do you need?" Jennie asked.

"Well, someone from the victim services division needs to see you," Taeyang said, "they are here to help make sure that you are getting all of the emotional assistance you need. Also, I've got someone from Human Resources who needs to see you to make sure you've got everything you need as far as insurance coverage. The Federal Employees Health Benefits program is pretty good, but like all insurance it can be a maze to navigate. Also, there are some deductibles and other expenses that may not be covered and we want to see if we can find some way to help you with that."

"Chaeyoung, do you think the YG fund can help with that stuff?" Lisa asked.

"Absolutely," Chaeyoung answered, "Taeyang, YG Corphas a First Responders Fund set up that will help with any expenses Jennie has that fall outside of her insurance coverage. I want you to be aware that the fund is available for any other agents that may need help in the future as well."

Chaeyoung reached into her purse and pulled out a business card.

"This is the direct number to my office," Chaeyoung said, "My assistant, Joy, will answer on that line. If I am not available she will be able to help anyone who has questions. She has all the information you will need about the fund."

"Wow, Chaeyoung," Taeyang said, "that's really wonderful. Thank you."

Chaeyoung was glad she had taken the opportunity to call Joy while Lisa was at the restaurant the day before. Joy would spend Monday morning getting all of the details in place.