thirty-five || end

Jennie and Jisoo swung by and grabbed Chaeyoung on their way to Gureum. They had all been looking forward to the gathering celebrating the one year anniversary of the soft opening. For all of them it was the occasion of their first meeting and it led to massive changes in their lives. Jisoo had nicknamed it Their First Day of Happy. They walked into the restaurant and saw Lisa coming into the dining room from the kitchen. Chaeyoung grabbed Lisa and pulled her into a hug and kiss.

"You look beautiful," Lisa said to Chaeyoung as she pulled back from the kiss.

"So do you," Chaeyoung said.

"I'm wearing my chef coat and pants," Lisa said, "Not exactly a fashion statement."

"I don't care what you wear," Chaeyoung said, "You're beautiful."

"Wow, you two might just make me sick," Jennie said.

"This from the person who won't stop talking about her perfect life with her perfect girlfriend?" Lisa said sarcastically.

"You got that right," Jennie said as she pulled Lisa into a hug, "I'm so proud of you, Lisa. I can't believe it's been a whole year."

"We were sitting right at this table when Jisoo checked out your ass for the first time," Chaeyoung said to Jennie, making everyone laugh, "It was so romantic."

"Oh shush, Chaeng," Jisoo said, "I had to drag your ass in here. You should be thanking me every day."

BamBam came bounding out from the kitchen to greet the women. He gave hugs all around.

"You guys will watch after Mina while I'm busy tonight, right?" he asked them.

"Of course," Jennie answered, "She's great. What's the story with you two?"

"It's going really well," BamBam said, "I really like her. We'll see..."

Lisa and BamBam excused themselves back into the kitchen to finish up preparations. Other guests started arriving and a waiter was passing out glasses of champagne. The party would just consist of passed foods and drinks. It was meant to be a short, casual affair to celebrate the anniversary and then the restaurant would close and everyone would leave to go party and be waited on elsewhere. The guest list was short, just close friends and family of the staff. Daesung and Minzy arrived and were talking to Jennie. Jisoo pulled Chaeyoung over to the side.

"So, you've got the ring?" Jisoo asked quietly.

"Yes, I just hope I have the nerve," Chaeyoung answered, "My stomach is in knots."

"Just drink a little liquid courage," Jisoo said, smiling, "It's going to be perfect."

A few minutes later Dara walked in. Everyone was chatting happily when Chaeyoung looked up and noticed two older ladies making their way into the restaurant.

"Janet? Cheryl?" Lena asked, rushing over to say hello and welcome them to the party, "I didn't know you would be here. Lisa took care of inviting everyone. I'm so thrilled to see you both."

"You should have seen what it took to drag this old hag out of her house," Janet said winking at Chaeyoung.

"Well I'm here now," Cheryl said, "so let's make the best of it. What does it take to get a drink at this place?"

Chaeyoung laughed as she waved over the waiter. He handed them both champagne flutes and Chaeyoung led them to a table where they could sit comfortably. Lisa noticed that they arrived and came over to say hello. Daesung and Minzy joined them and soon they were all wrapped up in a conversation about the books Chaeyoung gave them for Christmas. Lisa excused herself to go back and check on the kitchen and Chaeyoung stood up and walked with her.