Chapter 3

*Y/N's POV*

The light started penetrating through my eyelids making me squeeze it hard. A soft motherly voice trying to wake me up.

"Wake up its already evening. I don't want you to get sick." She murmured and I realized she's the same woman who came to me yesterday.

I opened my eyes taking time to adjust my vision due to brightness. After a while, I glanced at the clock. It said it's 4:30. Then I glanced through the large glass door whose curtains are slid at the corner which was giving a way to a large balcony. I rubbed my eyes and to my surprise,the room was again back to normal with new and luxurious stuffs. The sky outside was a bit shade orange indicating sunset. Then I saw the blonde lady sitting on the edge of the bed with a warm smile though sadness was lingering in her eyes.

"It's evening? Did I slept the whole day?" I asked her in shock to which she gave a small laugh.

"Yeah you did. You must have been tired. Now take this." She handed me a glass of juice. I took it silently and gulped it down in one sip.

She helped me with my daily routine since with my wounded feet, I wasn't able to walk on my own. Rest of the evening, I was sitting either on my bed, or on the couch. She told me her name was Kara. She was indeed nice. She brought me some snacks in the middle. And she found out that I love reading books, so she brought some novels in my room telling me there's some sort of library in the house. I passed my time by reading novels. Soon the clock struck to 9 o'clock. She came inside the room with a tray on her hands.

"Your dinner's here." She announced with a warm smile but still I was able to see sadness in her eyes. I took the bowl of ramen while she was changing my bandages.

"Kara, is there something wrong?" I asked her silently.

"No, just mourning for the loss." She said dryly making me confused. She saw my face and continued.

"Last night, Irina, Master's cousin, she died." Tears rolling down her cheeks.

"She was killed by them." Now she sobbed.

"Who?" I asked, though the knew the answer.

"EXO." With her new information I was left speechless. She then explained me everything. I felt guilty for her death. I felt warm tears rushing down my face. She stood up and wiped my tears and I hugged her tight.

"I'm sorry." I sobbed.

"It's not your fault honey." She stroked my head. After few minutes, she started feeding me. She was just like my mother. I wanted to cry, but saved it for later for bedtime.

*2 days later*

It's been 2 days since I am in a complete stranger's house that to a Mafia Lord. The idea of me staying hear scared me. He didn't came to my room for 2 days. Kara told me he was out of town for some work.

I didn't know why, but whenever I look into his eyes, his dark orbs send shiver down my spine. I wanted to run away from him. But deep down inside my heart, my inner conscience told me that he is the only one who can help me. But I don't know why. My mom wanted me to live happy life. But I can't. I can't fulfill her wish. I want to stay here and wanted to kill the person who is the culprit. My mom, my dad and uncle Ji San.

For two days I didn't slept well. In the middle of the night I would wake up screaming due to haunting nightmare. And the fact that I was alone in the house, didn't let me sleep well.

My thoughts were interrupted by Kara entering the room.

"Master wants to talk to you." She said hesitantly.