Chapter 46

*Taehyung's POV*

I'm glad yesterday I sent mom and dad to Daegu. I don't want to take risks by keeping them in Seoul and let them expose to the dangers of my work. I can see everything coming to an end, but the exact time is unknown. There are times when I want to tell my parents everything about the work I do, but thinking about their trusts and hope, I have refrained myself from doing so. I don't want to break their hearts and feel like a shit of me, and I don't want to regret my decision by telling my parents about it because I don't want to.

I don't think none of us regret any of the things happening or the decisions they made years ago. I am glad to have Hana by my side who doesn't care about the work I do or the things I am involved with. Just like a star to the wanderer, she is my starlight. I don't know how I got so lucky to have her in my life. She is a friendly and a loving woman. I never thought she would become so close to Y/n at the first place. I am glad Y/n have a girly company with her in between us, she needed it.

The click of the door brings me back to reality. The door opens and a worn out figure of my beautiful lady comes in view while rubbing her half closed eyes. With a yawn, she open her mouth to speak in an impossibly sleepy tone.

"Tae, it's almost morning." She whines while walking to my table. "You weren't there the whole night, what are you doing? You know I don't like to sleep alone." Hana complains with a lazy frown.

"I'm sorry darling. I was working." She sits on the table in front of me while keeping her feet steady on my thighs with a pout.

"I respect your work Tae. But you shouldn't overdo. I know it's hard time for everyone, but you should take care of yourself."

"I don't have to take care of myself when you are here to do so." I smile while placing my hands on her thighs.

"What if I won't be there to do so?" Hana cocks her eyebrow to me and I chuckle.

"You're going to take care of me, Hana I know. And if you won't, then..." With curiosity she listens to me carefully, "I'll take care of you." She gives me a 'what the fuck' look before we both ended up laughing.

Talking to Hana is always mood changing. I've been doing tracking and stuff all night without even caring about the time. Jungkook is busy in making Y/n feel comfortable around him. I am well aware of the fact that Y/n sometimes feel hesitant about few things near Jungkook and she needs to change that. She needs to open up more towards him. I've known her more than anyone else among us, even better than Jungkook himself and I can tell how much distant she is from everyone, or she is forcing herself to be distant. This can be a big problem and to solve this, we all suggested Jungkook to take her out or spend a beautiful night with her.

Everyone are hyped up regarding the recent happenings. Jimin has sent me the lists of the drug and weapon supplies that has been ongoing inside the Park Enterprises few minutes ago while I track it's origin. It's been a long run and I can sense the fear of Y/n. She might be blaming herself for everything and I fear for her taking any wrong step.

The warm shower relaxes my stiff muscles. Sitting in the same position for almost the whole night, it cost my body to ache miserably. With a groan, I let the water takeaway my tiredness.

As I wear my shirt, the ringing of the doorbell startles me. Glancing at the clock, it's too early for any visitors. Hana is down stairs preparing coffee for both of us and she'll be too quick to answer the door. It makes me feel a little bit uneasy so I decide to go downstairs and see by myself.

Walking down the hallway, I hear some shuffling but nothing like any friendly gesture. Turning to face the painting, I slide the frame away and remove the silicon barrier from the wall. The passcode panel comes in view and without wasting any time, I press the buttons before opening the locker and taking my gun out. Checking the filled barrel, I close the locker and start to walk towards the staircase.