Chapter 37

"Uncle Ahn!" It barely comes out to be a whisper from my mouth. He stands by the hallway wall wide eyed flickering between me and Jungkook. It's as if my body is in a freeze mode. He is having a blank expression on his face and I can bet I might be mirroring him. I stare at his eyes which resembles like my mom's, being watery. Wait.... Is he crying. A single tear drop down his face and the tall and masculine man in front of me break down onto his knees shedding waterfall of tears.

"Uncle." I panic and rush towards him, crouching down to his level patting his back to soothe him down. "What's wrong, uncle?" I ask him, but the man kept on shedding tears. I glance back at Jungkook who is having confused look while walking towards us.

"Where were you?" The man in front of me shoot his head up and mumble in a shaky voice with teary face. "How much I searched for you. Day and night. Threw money on police and detectives to search for you. Even I asked KIA intelligence to contact foreign countries." The man break down again and a single tear escape my eyes. I wipe it away before more sets of them threaten to fall.

"I'm sorry." I whisper and the man shake his head.

"Why you are sorry?" He sounds hurt and my heart ache to see him like that. The uncle Ahn I knew was someone who never cried. Even when my grandma died, he was the one who took all the responsibility and stood strong. And now, he's crying just for me. The heartache is unbearable to me right now. "Are you okay?" He asks in vein and I nod in response.

"I'm okay. Completely fine, see." I force a smile but he just heave a sigh of relief.

"Glad to see you all fit and fine." He wipe his tears with the back of his hands. "By the way, out of all the years, you chose today to break in the office. What brought you hear?" He ask while standing up. "Well the thing is, the whole property is yours, but you came like an intruder."

"Um, we are searching for some information." I admit and he nod. "And sorry for braking in." He shook his head once again while standing up on his feet.

"As I said dear, the whole property is yours. You can walk in anytime you want." He assures me with a smile. "But first, let's get you and your friend to my cabin." He says and start walking out with us trailing behind him.

We sit comfortably in the chair inside once to be my father's cabin. There's a wall filled with picture frames of our family and a small smile display across my face. A warm hand come in contact with my thigh. I glanced at the source of the touch only to find Jungkook watching the same wall that I was staring at seconds ago. The cabin hasn't changed at all only the name plate displayed as Mr. Choi Ahn instead of my father's.

The door open and the same masculine man came inside followed by a skinny pale women wearing cream body con and a white sweater holding a tray filled with cups in her hand. She flash me a smile while placing the tray on the table. Her face turn red as her eyes lands on my personal beauty. Why does every girl has to react whenever they see him. I guess I should be proud that he's my man. Wait.... NO. Hell NO. No one should see him like that. Feeling my uneasiness, his hand squeeze my thigh and I glance at him. He was holding a smirk towards me and I send him a glare.

"So, Y/n, first tell me, why did you sneak in?" His voice is firm and gentle giving an aura of superiority. The position really suits him. Wait... What if he's with them? No, Y/n shake it off.

"Um, I thought, I would get all the information I want and would leave the place without interrupting anyone." I says truthfully and he flash a warm smile. It could've been a fake one, but I saw genuine aura in his eyes.

"Why I think, you are telling me the partial truth?" He ask while gesturing us to proceed our drinks as he took his. "Lemme guess. You might have thought that I would be with the enemies and you will sneak in and get all the information so that you could take me down." My eyes widen at his guess.