Chapter 31

"Mom." I squeak. I see my mother's figure disappear into the infinite darkness.

My heart beats at an uneven pace. My lips tremble as I call for my mother once again. As if I lost my battle, I crouch down on the floor and hug my knees tightly.

How desperately I want my mom's hand right now. All I can imagine is my mom being happy in the heaven.

There's a light blinding my eyesight. I squint my eyes to see clearly, though I have a blurry vision because of the tears rolling down my face. The light starts to fade a bit and a tall figure of a male starts to form.

At the beginning it's a faint silhouette but then it turns to a solid yet familiar human figure. It must be a dream I thought.

"Dad?" I ask. His figure stands far away from me but still I am sure that it's him.

"No, I'm not your dad." The voice isn't of my dad but it's quite familiar. As if I hear this voice everyday. "It's me."

The figure comes closer to me and the structure of my dad turns to someone else. My eyes widen as his figure seems as clear as daylight.

"Jungkook." I whisper and he smiles widely like an angel.

He doesn't say anything. Jungkook comes closer to me and crouch down. His smile fades as he see my face.

"Don't cry. I'm here now." He says. He open his arms for me. "Hmm?" He hums in a question. I throw myself over him and hide my face into his chest. He embrace my body firmly comforting me.

"You are mine now." The voice resonates from his chest but it's not his. I furrow my brows in confusion. I try to break free from the embrace but he hold me tight. "Don't." The voice is threatening but its not Jungkook's.

"Leave me alone." I say out loud. I try to push away but nothing is working.

"You can't win me." The person holding me laugh like a maniac.

"Who are you?" I question in vein. New sets of tears starts rolling down my face.

"You don't know me?"

His question startles me. I stills my movements as I realize who it is. It can't be. My brain freezes, my whole body freezes instead, it starts to shiver.

"Xumin." I comes out like a faint whisper. He laugh, in fact, he laughs at me. I shiver like anything as he's not ready to break free me. My all struggles are denied by my senseless brain. It feels like my body has been paralyzed.

"Baby." A familiar voice echoes. It takes me a second to recognize the voice. "Baby, wake up." Now I am able to hear the voice loud and clear.

The darkness around my vision is replaced by faint lights. My eyes shoot open and the sudden light welcome me. I blink my eyes and feel my lashes moisten. I open my eyes wide and tears roll down my face once again.

"Baby, you okay?" Jungkook's voice sounds worried. I turn my face to look at him. His brows are furrowed and his face holds worrying look.

I said nothing and sit up while throwing myself over his bare body. Tears stream down and I sob against his crook. He wraps his arm around my body.

"Shh. Just a dream." He whisper. I nod my head knowingly. He strokes my back to comfort me and it actually worked. My increased heartbeat slows down and I pull away from the hug. I'm afraid because of the dream I had. I close my eyes, scared to see anyone else in front of me. "Look at me, baby." His voice encourages me. I dare to open my eyes and heaven a relieved sigh to see Jungkook's worried face. "You okay now?"