0.15

it was a bright sunday. so far, today was the day with the most perfect weather.

the sun was perfectly set above and the clouds were painted blue and white.

it's such a perfect scenery to start your day.

i made my way downstairs, after taking a quick shower and changing into a caramel colored sweatshirt paired with black jeans and white converse.

i didn't see ion around the place so i guess he's probably still asleep at this time.

he probably sleep so late last night because of playing games.

mom had already prepared the breakfast in the dining room.

she greeted me a good morning as soon as she saw me while i only hummed in reply.

i sat at the sofa in the living room, wanting to sleep some more.

"go wake your younger brother, ten." mom said, busy arranging the plates.

i was about to stood up when i heard footsteps coming down.

it was ion, my younger brother.

"what time is it?" he lazily asked, yawning at the end of his sentence.

his hair resembles a bird nest. it's messy, some were sticking up into different places.

"it's eight twenty five." i replied after staring at my wrist watch.

he lazily made his way to the dining room to greet mom a 'good morning' i followed suit behind him.

"how's your sleep sweety?" asked mom, serving us our breakfast.

"good enough, i guess." replied ion before taking a seat beside me.

we ate in silence, mom often asking us how we're doing in school which is once usual but becomes unusual after dad's sudden death.

"go take a bath now ion, we're living within an hour." said mom, cleaning all the dishes.

there's something odd about her today, she seems like the old mother that i knew from the sweet and loving childhood memory of mine.

there was this warm and comforting feeling that she gave. i haven't felt it for a long time now not until today.

'''

we silently stood up in front of the marble tomb of dad.

the warm breeze blows, as the grass dance gracefully while swaying along the recently bloomed flowers.

"can i talk with dad, mom?" asked ion with a pure smile.

mom nod, flashing him a genuine smile.

i haven't see her smile for awhile now.

"dad look, i grew a lot." said ion, grinning ear to ear."and i wouldn't take much time before i become taller than ten hyung." ion continued, showing me his widest grin.

i could chuckle at his silly remarks.

"whatever, you're still a little baby though, plus you're still far from reaching my height little guy." i teasingly argued.

"hey!" he pouted as i sheepishly smile at him.

"don't raise your voice to me, little boy." i reminded him with a knowing smile as he pouted.

"by the way, dad, did you know that i'm the second honor in the entire class." he added proudly.

mom could stares at ion, lovingly.

that motherly stare that i haven't seen for awhile from her.

ion continue his story about is life to dad until mom asked if she could have a word with dad.

ion earnestly nod in agreement.

"how are you doing dear?" asked my mom as she sat in front of dad's marble tomb, not minding the dead leaves beside her.

"look how tall your sons are now, they grow so fast." she added.

ion went to catch the butterfly earlier, he's not that far from us because i could still see him in my peripheral vision.

i stood beside mom, silently watching her.

"i missed you." her voice cracked and once again, her tears rolled down her face.

she's crying but i could only stand beside her.

i didn't know what to do or what to feel.

"it's hard raising the kid alone." she added, her sob becoming more audible for me.

luckily, no one's around except us.

she mumbled words that becomes hard for me to understand.

i tried my best to catch up with what she's saying but it was too inaudible for me.

i was about to ask mom if she's okay not until my brother came back with a grin while panting, he then find the situation weird and realized something's not right.

"mom." he hesitantly called out.

mom force a chuckle and smile at my brother, she stood up as her tears fell.

"are you alright mom?" asked my younger brother as mom pull him in a hug.

"i'm very sorry, my little angels." she said, tears falling.

ion didn't know what's happening.

he's still too pure and innocent to catch up on what's happening.

"mom's really sorry." she added, she broke the hug and stare at me.

"ten, you were right." she said."i'm stealing away the life that is for the two of you." she said, her voice cracking.

i didn't know what to say.

"i dream of the old days last friday, in that dream, we're looking so happy, we were so perfect and your father is still with us, then suddenly we got caught in an accident, i'm so afraid that time but, just like a soothing alarm you wouldn't hear in random places, your dad's warm voice, woke me from that nightmare." she said, pulling me in a hug.

"mom-"

she cutted me off."you're right ten, i should let you experience all the thing you needed to, i'm giving you now the freedom that you deserve,"

there's something that rings inside my mind, along with a tingling feeling.

"you can do everything starting today. from now on, you're free my son, i won't selfishly take away the world that you deserved but i will support you endlessly." she continued.

i was so happy, i didn't know what to say or what to do right now.

"mom, i-" i hugged her.

soon, ion innocently join the hug despite not knowing what's happening.

he may be mature sometimes but we can't deny the fact that he was still our cute little baby.