0.twenty two

"who's there?" asked the voice as he stopped playing the piano.

i panicked as i tried my best to think of an excuse if that person happened to see me standing here right now.

i'm really dead for sure. i thought to myself, walking back and forth.

looking for a possible place to hide at so that he won't see me.

i was currently having an inner mental break down when i suddenly heard a voice called my name.

the voice of the person is pretty much familiar to my ear, as if it belongs to someone i really know.

"ten?" the voice asked in curiosity.

i stare at the owner of the voice and came face to face to a very familiar person that i know.

instead of greeting him a good morning or what, a question slipped from my mouth.

"you play the piano?" i asked unknowingly, surprised and amazed at the same time.

he raised a brow, replying with a shrug.

"i guess i do? it's been while since i last play actually." he replied, unsure.

it was jaehyun.

i knew him for quite a long time and yet i didn't know that he can play instrument.

i haven't see a soft side of him actually.

all the time, all i could witness was the cool and ideal side of his but never this side of him.

never thought that he can be so perfect than what he currently is.

can he be more so unreal, huh?

"you play the piano so well though." i said, giving him the compliment that he deserve.

he chuckled a little as he sat in one of the chair.

"why are you so early by the way?" he asked as i sat at the chair beside him.

"mom drive us earlier than usual." i replied.

"why is that?" he added.

"meeting." i answered.

i saw him nod.

there was a moment of silent before i spoke up.

"did you and doyoung got in a fight?" i asked.

"why did you ask such thing?" he asked instead of replying.

"i mean, you kind of, play a— you know, a sad melody earlier." i said hesitantly.

"we didn't and even if by chance, it somehow happens, i would lower down my pride." he replied.

"doyoung is quite moody and sensitive but i understand him really well, i really need to treat him with an extra care, he's a wine glass, so fragile." he continued with a light chuckle.

"you know what i mean, right?" he added as i stare at him, amused.

i could see the contentment on his eyes and smile.

is this the true love that they're saying?

he chuckles for a little before ruffling my hair.

i didn't mind though.

"by the way, have you eaten?" he asked.

i hummed.

i saw him stood up.

"what a shame, i haven't eaten my breakfast yet." he said.

"i'll passed by at the cafeteria to eat, want to come with me?" he asked.

i shook my head.

i want to but there's something in me that said i shouldn't to and no matter how i badly want it, i just really can't.

"well then, see you later at the classroom." he said as he bid me a good bye and walk out of the room,

i sat there for awhile before deciding to go somewhere else.

there's a place i haven't been to lately.

it used to be my favourite spot in the campus since the first grade in highschool when i used to decline yuta, winwin and doyoung and jaehyun's offer to join them at their usual table during breaks.

the rooftop.

i didn't know why but i feel so calm and safe whenever i'm there, it felt like no one can harm me while i'm there.

it feels like i am free whenever i'm there.