chp.thirty six

"you seems to be thinking so hard, are you okay?" he asked, quite curious and worried at the same time.

"I don't think so." I replied unknowingly as I stare at particularly nothing.

I space out.

"are you sick?" he asked, bringing me back to reality.

"excuse me—" I was cutted off when he put his warm palms on my forehead.

I swear I could slightly hear audible squeal from the seat of some random highschool girls which is not so far from us.

Heat rising up to my ears and cheeks.

oh damn, there's no time for me to be like this. I thought.

I swear, I could feel that Taeil's eyes are piercing me right through my soul within the cafeteria.

"you're not burning though, did you sleep late last night?" he asked, worried.

"hey— what do you think you're doing?" I asked as I back away and fixed my hair.

"I'm curious and is badly worried about you, okay?" he replied as if it was too obvious.

"is this part of the act too?" I asked, a brow raising in curiosity.

"wait, excuse me?" he asked.

"I'm asking you if this is part of the act too?" I repeated.

he looks quite surprised.

"what— no, it wasn't, I'm really worried, really." he replied.

The tables have turned.

I was now the one who were quite surprised and is taken aback at his reply.

Never did I expect this kind of answer from him for all he care and talk about ever since the first day that we met was his ex Taeyong and how their old love story turned into an ill fated one.

I thought that he's just a plain dumb bastard who can't seems to move on from his ex.

Never thought that he would still worry for others.

"I'm fine, I just remember something." I replied, finally breaking the almost growing tension in our table.

he was about to speak when two— I mean, three guys approach our table.

"hey Johnny hyung—oh, so you really did brought someone new in our table—," said a strangely familiar voice.

never did I expect that those familiar voice comes from a very familiar person.

It was that Mark Lee guy whom I met and he's with two new faces.

this is all messed up. I thought to myself.

"oh hey Ten hyung." greeted Mark.

"you know him?" asked the pink haired guy who looks surprisingly manly despite the color of his hair.

"you two know each other?" asked Johnny.

"yeah. kind of." replied Mark, flashing me a smile as I nod.

"why don't we introduce each other?" asked the dark brow haired guy who extremely looks so handsome as he set their tray down in the table full of foods.

"here." he added as he gave me a plate full of fries beside a cheese burger and a can of a soda as he sat beside me.

I mumbled a soft thank you.

He did the same to Johnny.

"yeah, that's a good start, I'm Jaemin, Na Jaemin, I'm actually the youngest right now since Jisung is absent." the pink haired introduced with a smile, he's sitting beside Johnny and on his left is Mark.