0.5

before i managed to lock myself in my own room

i saw ion, my younger brother.

he's currently standing in front of the door way of his room, probably waiting for my arrival.

"well, just so you know that mother's being paranoid nowadays." he said with a serious face.

probably, it was too serious for a children around his age.

well, if this brat have just open the gate for me earlier, none of this would happen.

this kid is too complicated to understand at times.

sighing, i let out a weak smile.

"she's just worried about us, she's worried because she love us, ion." i replied.

i didn't to ruin ion's good relation with our mom. not just because of what happened today.

"if that thing is called love, then love must be a really scary thing then." he said which caught me off guard.

how can a young eight year old boy like him think in this way? i really don't know now.

"it isn't." i replied, lightly giving him a pat on the head before heading to my room, one room away from him.

"i was holding a knife earlier and guess what, she stole the knife from me and scold me, saying that i shouldn't be holding stuff as dangerous as that and told me that thing could harm me." he said.

despite having my back facing him, i could feel him leaning his back at the wall.

"tell me hyung, did dad died while holding a knife?" he asked.

i didn't what to do, there isn't any jokes with what he said, it's the truth.

"he didn't, am i right? why is she worried like that? she's exaggerating things, she's making things way more complicated not just for the both of us but for herself too, i just want the old us, that's all i want, is it too much to ask?" his voice barely audible now.

i heard him sigh before he closes the door of his room, despite him being young, there are some rare time where he would speak maturely.

it's not too much to ask, little bro. i want to reply that.

"i'm sleeping now."

was the last word that he said before i walk inside my room, locking the door.

i immediately took a shower and wash my uniform.

after doing so, i dry my hair and change into my sleeping attire, a plain white shirt, paired with a black adidas jogging pants.

i stare at myself in the mirror and stare at the reflection of my own dark and empty orbs.

"am i happy with the life i have?" i asked to myself as i heave a sigh.

i don't know anymore.

i plop down in my bed, rolling so that i would be facing the same ceiling i've been seeing for the past eight years.

"oh my gosh." i mumbled to myself as i shot up from the bed.

"where the hell is my id?" i asked myself as soon as i realized i haven't seen my id since i've got home.

i swear, i wouldn't be able to enter school tomorrow if i didn't bring my id with me and i can't bear to miss a single day in classes just because i lost it by accident.

i was about to stood up to look for my id not until my phone rang.

unknown number.

only few knew about my number and i haven't given it to anyone that i'm not close with so only us knows about my phone number and having an unknown number to call me right now is quoted unexpected.

"maybe some of my friend change their number." i thought to myself as i answer the call.

"hello?" i asked to the other line.

"oh hey, i didn't know you're a tenth grader student, it says here that you belong in class 4 a." replied the strangely familiar guy.

"the hell was that?" was the only word that escaped from my mouth.

"who the hell are you and how did you get my number?" i asked.

"you're kinda quite cute here in your id." he said, completely ignoring my question.

oh crap.

"wait, yah! don't tell me you have my id? give it back to me." i raised my voice but a sudden realization came like a whirlwind of adversity.

i almost forgot that my younger brother and my mom might be sleeping at the next room causing me to lower the volume of my voice almost in an instant.

"listen here mister i don't know who the hell you are." i said in gritted teeth.

i heard the voice hummed in the next line.

"hm, yes, what is it sweety?"

my eyes widened as i finally realized who it was, this voice.

it sounded way too familiar for me.

and i cannot be mistaken, there's no doubt that this voice belongs to the stranger from earlier.

the real reason why i was so damn unlucky today.

"finally remember me now, huh?" he asked with his usual husky voice that gives me an unknown feeling.

"who the hell are you? and how did you even managed to snatch my id away?" i asked, trying to sound rude.

"well, maybe it's called being an expert?" i could tell him smirking at the other line.

"when did stealing be called as being an expert dude?" i roll my eyes.

"dear jung jaehyun," he randomly blurted out a very familiar name.

damn. the only word that came across my mind after realizing that i slip a letter in the back of my id long ago.

the letter was written during my first year in highschool, and i regretted writing it.

it was a letter that i hid from everyone, the letter that contained all my hidden feelings towards one of my friends, jung jaehyun.

"damn, what do you want from me?" i asked through gritted teeth.