chp.fifty five

a normal tuesday morning.

"Ten, wait up—" called Jaehyun, grabbing the latter by his wrist.

"do you have something to say to me?" asked Chittaphon.

"I couldn't talk to you yesterday because you left early." said Jaehyun.

"if you want to say something, make it quick, I'm against the idea of me being late in the first period." continued Ten, fighting the urge to ask the guy to just get lost.

Jaehyun is still his friend.

"but first, let's talk somewhere else." said Jaehyun, dragging the much smaller guy somewhere else.

"what do you want to talk about?" asked Chittaphon as soon as they arrived in a place where they could talk freely, no one is there expect them two.

"I'll only ask this once, give me an honest answer." said Jaehyun, his eyes were too serious.

"do you like me?" asked Jaehyun.

he seems too serious and too eager to know the answer.

Chittaphon blinks at the question.

he did.

he used to.

but now? he didn't know.

it's just, he didn't have any feelings left for the guy.

he didn't know when all of those disappeared.

it's just, one day, he woke up, realizing that he didn't love the guy anymore.

"I—" Chittaphon cutted himself off, mentally shaking off other thoughts.

"what kind of question is that?" asked Chittaphon when he had regained his normal self.

he was quite taken aback by the question earlier.

"answer my questions." replied Jaehyun, ignoring the question the latter asked him with.

Chittaphon stare at the latter, not even bothering to reply to the question at all, immediately making the taller guy do something reckless.

"answer me."

Jaehyun put both his hands on the wall, immediately trapping Chittaphon at his position.

"Jung Jaehyun, we're friends." replied Chittaphon and the latter isn't an idiot to not know what those words mean.

"I know." Jaehyun mumbled to himself, taking a step backward, and more and a little bit more until he reached the other side of the storage room.

"sorry." he quietly apologized, head hanging low.

Chittaphon stare at the guy.

"what makes you act like that?" he calmly asked.

Jaehyun raises his head, looking at the eyes of his foreigner friend.

"I was out of my mind earlier, it's just, Doyoung and I had a little quarrel, sorry." said Jaehyun, avoiding eye contact with the guy later on.

"is it about me?" asked Ten.

Jaehyun forces a smile, a pained one.

"how'd you know?" asked Jaehyun, sitting at the cold floor while leaning his back at the plain white wall.

"well, I could tell, it's pretty obvious." Ten did the same and sat at the floor, facing the latter who is several meters away from him."what's this fight all about this time?" he continued.

"he told me that he kind of suspect you." replied Jaehyun.

"suspect me? for what?" asked Ten.

"that you have feelings for me." Jaehyun laugh at his self for thinking that it might be true.

"hm, how long has he been suspecting me?" asked Ten.

"even before this school year started." replied Jaehyun, chuckling after.

"I really do."

that one reply of Chittaphon stopped the laughter of the guy.

"what?" Jaehyun asked, surprised and was taken aback.

"I used to, even before you started going out with Doyoung, it was around middle school, I guess?" said Ten.

maybe it was the right time to confess this feelings, just to get it out of my chest. the small guy thought to himself.

"why didn't—"

Ten cutted the guy off.

"it started with a simple admiration until I fall hardly for you." replied Chittaphon, making Jaehyun lost all of his words.

"I didn't have the courage to tell you before what I feel so I hide it myself and waited for a perfect time to confess to you, but I always missed all the timing." added Ten.

"I became friends with you longer compared to any of the guys and I get to know you earlier than them and yet, I couldn't find a perfect time to confess my feelings and until such time that you became friends with my best friend and eventually, you started going out with Doyoung." continued Ten with a smile.

Chittaphon stare at the broken window of the storage room.

the skies were blue outside this dull and abandoned storage room.

in every chaotic inside, awaits a beautiful outside world. Chittaphon thought to himself.

"why didn't you tell me about this any sooner?" asked Jaehyun.

"if I tell this to you before, would there be any change?" asked Ten."there won't be, right?" continued Chittaphon.

"no, there will be." replied Jaehyun.

Chittaphon was not expecting this kind of reply.

"what?" asked the smaller one.

"the real reason why I became close with Doyoung before was to seek help from him." replied Jaehyun.

"seek help? for what?" Ten asked.

"I like you ever since our first year in middle school and I always wanted to court you before but I didn't know how to start and how to do it." said Jaehyun.

Chittaphon blinks.

he really wasn't prepared to hear this side story.

"but then, you and the other guys always push me towards Doyoung and things eventually ends up with us being together like what we currently are, right now." the taller guy continued.

Chittaphon chuckled at his self.

he's such an idiot.

he really is.

he wonder what could have happened if he didn't push Jaehyun to his friend and confesses his feelings.

would they end up being a thing at the last part of their long journey?

"but hey, I have moved on long ago, we're cool with each other now." reminded Chittaphon before standing up and dusting his self.

Jaehyun did the same.

"we're friends, am i right?" continued Chittaphon with a smile as Jaehyun hummed with a nod.

"hm yeah, we really are." said the taller.