prologue.

it was raining hard today

it was raining hard today. the sky haven't cried this much lately. the last time i'd felt this kind of sensation was of long ago.

when was it? was it the first time that we met? i can't help but reminisce the good old memories of the distant past. well, i guess it's time. i thought to myself, a bitter smile resting on my lips as the cold downpour drenched my body .

"i guess this is a goodbye for the both of us then." i hesitantly told him, reluctant to let go just yet.

there's no telling how much i would miss those dark orbs of his that i love to stare at every time. those mischievous smirk he would wear on his lips whenever he had the chance.

i would never forgot the way he would teasingly laughed at me if he feel like doing so.

that bastard, really. a nostalgic smile crept unto my seemingly chapped lips.

i wouldn't leave the fact that i would even have to literally look up to him because of the big height gap that we've got.

damn that giant. i reminisce all of the good and hilarious memories we had and i realized how much we had stray from those times. when did things turned like this? why did it have to ends like this? i don't know. i didn't bother knowing either.

"ten, i-"

i shook my head no, stopping him mid sentence.

don't make this hard for me, it was already hard for me to make this decision. fuck, i'm not even prepared to let go. i thought.

"take care of the guy this time and never let him go the way you did before, hm?"

warm and crystal like liquid had now fallen unto my black locks down to my bare face. i wasn't sure if the liquid streaming down my face were tears or just the rain.

maybe both or maybe neither? who knows? i can't even tell which is which or what is what.

hold the guy tight the way i held unto your hands tightly and never let him go. never, don't you ever dare to do so.

with a smile, i took a small step backward, far away from where he was.

"don't-"

soon enough, his voice had grown faint and was eventually shut off by the pouring rain.

i gave him a faint hand wave before flashing him a smile for the last time.

"so, uhm?" i forced a laugh only to failed miserably."well, i think this is really an official goodbye, seo youngho. take care as always." i smiled as i take a small step backward, towards the car before turning my back and making my way inside the car waiting for me.

he stood in the same spot as the car drove further from him.

i couldn't looked back as he grew smaller, until he disappeared from my sight. and from my life.

i hang my head low, realizing that it wasn't the rain streaming down my face anymore but are real tears.

wanting to get rid of the emotions, i bite my lips, before being pulled by a pair of warm and strong arms. it didn't took me so long to recognised who the person was.

in fact, there weren't any other person in the car except me, him and his chauffeur.

damn all those rich kids. i bitterly thought, trying to fought the urge to cry.

"don't- get off me." i tried mumbling softly to the latter."you're just going to get yourself soaked." i argued, trying to sound fine.

"i won't leave," the latter trailed off."not until all the pain you're feeling died down." he continued softly.