t w e n t y

BRANDON

"kimberly angelica mendoza." i say as i walk in to her room. she looks at me as she fixed her hair.

"yes brandon michael lee arreaga?"

"what the hell did you do to zion?" i ask her.

"what the fuck? i did nothing."

"tell my why he keeps talking about you again, he stopped for a solid month and now he talking about you. he was all over you last night at the studio. we came home y'all were all giggly. what happened?"

"shouldnt that be a good thing, especially what i told you yesterday, i missed him."

"kim, hes talking about you like in the way he used to. he wants you still. you told him to tell sammi what they were, now you gotta tell him what you both are to each other." i say. i hated talking to kim like this but they're both my best friends and they need to know what's going on. i don't want them to stop talking like that one time.

"him and i just hung out before we left to the studio, so then i guess we just played around like we used to. i wanted that."

"you like gio right?"

"yes, yes i do."

"you like zion."

"i dont know."

i sigh, "kimberly you need to figure this shit out, the three of you are gonna get hurt somehow."

she nods, "its just so hard."

"i know. i understand. i just hope you guys dont go back to arguing."

"we're not." she says. she puts on perfume, her good kind too, not that body mist she gets from bath and body works. the one from victoria secret.

"where you going?" i ask. "gio?"

"actually, you see, zion invited me to this hangout-"

"kimberly!"

"we going a friends!" she looks at me up and down. "where you going?"

"with maggie."

"oh shit, i see those comments."

"we hangout as friends." i mock her.

she hums. "you like char?" she asks.

"yes."

"you like maggie?"

"you don't get to do that." i say as i walk out her room. i hear her laugh from inside. i walk back into my room and see zion laying on my bed with simba.

"i need help."

"of course you do." i say as i grab a few chains and put them around my neck.

"did you speak to kim?" he asks.

i nod, "yeah." i whisper.

"what did she say?"

"she's getting ready to go."

"where? we're supposed to hang-"

i laugh, "damn z, she's getting ready to go hang with you."

he nods as he continues to pet simba. "has she spoke to gio? do you know if they got something?"

"look, zion. this happened before, you don't wanna go through this again. she probably has been talking to gio, maybe they're just friends, i don't know. i just told her that she needs to make things clear with both you and gio."

"okay, but you need to make things clear with char and maggie."

i groan, "damn you and kim are the same." i walk out my room and zion follows behind with simba following him. z and i are both met with kim standing outside my door. she looks up at z then at me.