f o r t y

kim

its new years eve, and zion and i have only said a little to each other. i dont know where we stand, we haven't broke up but we're not talking. what is that, is it a break? this gives me flashbacks from last year, its around the same time. for the past two years zion and i have not spoken on christmas. brandon and i haven't spoken, nick has not tried to talk to me. ive only been around eddy, austin, and val. i went to hangout with gio a few times. hes been really helpful for me. he gets my mind of things when im with him.

we're having another party for new years. brandon and edwin are out buying food and snacks, nick and zion are cleaning out back. while val, austin and i clean inside. the party doesn't start for 4 hours but we'd rather have everything clean.

"you girls know what you're going to wear?" i hear austin ask as he fixs the sofa pillows.

"i have an idea in my head." val says.

"i think so yeah." i speak loudly

"ansley said she wanted your guys' help with hers."

valerie responds and i nod to myself. i had finished cleaning up the kitchen and washing all the dishes. i walk out as im drying my hands with a napkin, when nick walks in looking at me. we haven't spoke, i hate being mad especially at nick because hes the 2nd person beside brandon that i trusted.

"zion wants to talk to you." he says.

i dont say anything but nod. he gave me a small smile and walked into the kitchen. i began to walk to the backyard. zion and i had tried many times to have a normal conversation and fix everything but nothing seems to work, there is always something new popping up when we talk.

i walk out the screen door and i see zion sitting at the bench were i had first asked him to be mine. he even had the plushies i gave him. he looks back and smiles.

"hey." his smile fades.

"whats up." i say as i sit down in front of him.

"kimberly i really miss you okay? im so sorry for what i did, im sorry for effecting your friendships, i was just scared. i didn't know how to act, especially since you knew about sammi and i before. i beat myself up for it everyday. and its new years, i dont want this to be carried to 2020."

"i know," i whisper. "remember when you first told me about you and sammi in the first place? i was really hurt, i mean im not hurt by this like i did with that, but she was my friend, she was a close friend of mine. you even know that she reassured me about you even though she knew i didn't like her. she always had a thing for you, i could always see it. when you had walked in the room, her face would light up, exactly like mine would. i remember telling her about you because i trusted her. and zion, i trusted you too, not only about her but about nathan too. you know what nathan had said about me, you know what he thought about me. fuck, you guys even fought about it. look what happened with neviah. you remember that shit? the thing was, nathan was worst that neviah. neviah never tried anything with me, but nathan? the dude has no respect."

"nathan disrespects you? in what ways?"

"you know this z! nathan has threatened me multiple times, hes told me what he wanted to do to me when he would drink. you know, he would literally describe what he would do when he would see me in shorts? he had told me that he can steal me from you any day. that's disrespectful for women to hear. and i never told you until that day but that wasn't all of it. i knew you guys were friends. then you confronted him, you guys fought, and now you're friends again."

"kim, if nathan has said anything to you recently-"

"no, i haven't seen him in a while. thats not the point though, you know what nathan has said to me, you know what my step dad did to me. you know this stuff, but you are still friends with a guy like that."

"im sorry." he whispers. "i know, i know what had happened to you. i was blindsided by a lot. its like a part of my life had blacked out, i forgot a lot of shit."

"and going back to sammi, she's honestly the one starting shit between us. like a moment we're doing amazing-"

"kimberly."

"yes." i sigh.

"hows giovanny? i noticed that when you are not home, i ask eddy and he tells me you are with him."

"he has helped me."

"in ways i cant help you?"

"zion everyone is different. everyone can help in different ways."

"fuck kimberly im sorry. i know giovanny has affected your life because of me. i know he has hurt you but i didn't think that you would still go back to him."

"what are you saying?" i ask.

"i dont like gio." he says quietly.

"okay," i shrug, "i dont like sammi. your point is what?"

"i dont want you with him!"

"i dont want you with nathan or sammi!"

"gio has disrespected you too." he put his head in his hands.

"not as much as nathan and sammi has." i say as i get up and go inside the house.

i make my way upstairs and to my room. i close my door and go to my closet. tonight is the night to forget everything, tonight i am going to have fun, i dont care if zion wont like it. i grabbed an all black jumpsuit, that was skin tight and laid off the shoulders, some black heels. i changed into them quickly.

___

people started to arrive as i did my makeup. ansley and maggie came to talk to me, which i know they cant really help, they're dating zion's best friends. and maggie knows that brandon and i aren't talking at the moment. then val came in to rush me about 5 minutes ago, which by saying gio has came. i honestly forgot when val was okay with gio again.

i get up and look at myself in the mirror before i leave my room. its fucking new years, its 2020, thats crazy. i love zion, i really do, but i get tired. and what makes me furious is that, we were doing so good. this all happened because my guy friend of 17 years made zion jealous over a facetime.

i walk out and start walking downstairs. as i looked around the curly head caught my eyes, he was smiling at me. he started to walk over, and we met at the bottom of the stairs. he hands me a cup.

"happy new years eve, kimberly." he hold his cup out.

"happy new years eve to you, giovanny." i hold mine up to his and smile.

we both take a sip and started to walk to val, maggie and gilinsky. i looked around and i spotted zion across the room looking at me. he looks away and takes a drink from his cup.

"hey," i feel a tap on my shoulder, i look up, "you look good."

"why thank you gio, you do too." did i lie? no. he was wearing a white shirt with a flannel unbuttoned, black jeans and air forces.

"oh hell no." i hear valerie.

i look at her and she was looking behind me. i raised my eyebrows as zion started walking towards the door. i turn around and see sammi standing there with nathan and haley.

after that, i don't remember anything.

____

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

damn its really 2020.

i hope this is everyones year :) if you had a bad 2019, 2020 is gonna be better

also if anyone wants to talk just message me, im here. i may not be posting all the time but i will answer. maybe we can be fwends 👉🏻👈🏻🥺