t h i r t y e i g h t

part 2

kim

we continued talking about our future. i didn't expect for zion to bring up the topic first. i had always assumed that he didn't want a kid any time soon. well, he doesn't, but he said he's ready if it were to happen. which, it really is amazing to hear that, especially from someone who isn't the biggest fans of babies. after we finished eating we played at the arcade and now we're playing mini golf. we aren't keeping points so i dont know who's actually winning, it's probably me though. zion lost his ball 3 times already. we spent all our tickets from the arcade on candy, mostly airheads.

"look, im gonna make this in one shot." zion says as he puts his ball down.

"alright just give me one shot."

"bet on me, i'll play my cards right." he looks at me.

i smile and sit down at the bench that was against the wall. zion squats up and down and practices his swing.

"bitch, hurry up im cold."

"wait, im warming up."

"you dont need to warm up, you're going to miss anyway." i say.

"watch, look here baby."

zion gets ready to swing. he bends his knees and swings. i blinked and the ball was gone. zion turns back to look at me with his mouth open. i start laughing.

"look where baby?" i mock him, "you just lost another ball." i say still laughing.

he gasps, "kim," he pauses, "it hit someone. walking on the side walk."

i laugh even more, zion laughs with me.

"i might pee." i say crossing my legs and covering my mouth.

"go to the restroom." zion says laughing.

"i dont wanna move, its warm right here."

"fuck, bro. im gonna go get another ball."

i calm myself down and look at the time on my phone. we've been out for 6 hours. i feel something vibrate. i forgot i had zion's phone with me. he told me to carry it after it fell out of his hoodie when he lost the 2nd ball. i take it out of my pocket. he got a message from someone named allison. he's friends with someone named allison? i couldn't read the message since the phone was locked.

"okay, so they wont give me another ball." zion comes back.

i put his phone back in my pocket.

"you wanna leave?" i ask.

"lets go to the club crawl."

i nod. we give back the golf clubs and left. zion asked for his phone as he was driving. i had gave it to him, and kept my eyes on him as he looked the the phone screen. no smile, no reaction. he didn't even type anything back he just read it and put his phone away. it must be nothing then. she can just be a family member or a cousin.

allison slipped out of my thoughts and i focused on zion and our time together. we arrived at the crawl and seen some of our friends here. giovanny was here, i haven't seen him since nick's party. he said that edwin and nick we're on their way here. i told zion he cant drink too much, and if he were i cant drink a lot since i'll most likely have to drive home.