To protect him

(Scarletts P.O.V.)
We arrived and I spotted Robert sitting on a stool in a private waiting room. He was sitting hunched forward with his hands on his head. I nudged Evans and Holland. They both looked at the man sitting down. Chris walked towards him and put a hand on his shoulder.

(Chris Evans P.O.V.)
When I touched his shoulder he looked up at me. My heart broke seeing him like this. "I know. I know" I  said sitting next to him. I squeezed his shoulder as I looked at the other co-stars with tears in my eyes, shaking my head with a look that read 'this isnt good. "So what did they tell you?" I asked him. He gulped a bit and shook his head. "Told t-to s-s-sit h-here a-an-d th-they wou-would get me" he explained. I nodded my head. Our co-stars sat down around us. The other talked to each other about some random as Robert sat in silent. He was holding his phone. He was silently turning his phone around in his hand. A sign of nervousness.

Around 20 minutes later some of the co-stars left to go home because many of us have families as well and Robert didnt really mind. But I stayed with Robert in the hospital. He told me that he had called Susan as well. She was on her way and the kids are at the grandparents.

(Roberts P.O.V)
I was thankfull that everyone came to show support. And later that they left on my advice. Chris Evans stayed with me untill Susan came. Suddenly a nurse came in the private waiting room. Me and Chris both jumped up. "Mr Downey, you can come see Chase if you want to. But before I walk you to him. He is in a coma but his heart is kept stable" she said with a smile. I looked at Chris and he nodded and we followed the nurse. She stopped in front of a door. "He's in here" she said friendly before walking away. I grabbed the door handle and closed my eyes before breathing in and out. I  twisted the handle and stepped inside. Chris following close behind. "Oh Chase" I said as my heart dropped  to the ground seeing him. He had wires and machines all around him. I slowly walked over to him. His left hand had an infusion in it, his right arm had a blood pressure meter around it. A tube was in his nose, I think for medicine or something. Im no doctor and I dont really care what it is for, just want him to be alright. I grab his hand and squeezed it. I look up at the ceiling and shut my eyes.

(Chriss P.O.V.)
When Robert walked in and saw Chase's state. You could see his heart breaking right then and there. He walked toward him. I waited in the door frame, I let him have the time he needed to let out what he thought. And seeing him moving his head up to the ceiling while holding the hand of his son, in the state Chase was in. Is just heartbreaking. A look of fear, sadness and fright in one scene in front of me. A scene no parent is allowed to go through. I grabbed a chair and placed it behind him. He looked at me and nodded as a thank you before sitting down. "I'll wait for Susan outside and tell her where to go" I told him. He said a soft thank you. I smiled and patted his shoulder before leaving him alone.

(Roberts P.O.V.)
I moved my head back to Chase. He was breathing slowly. I sighed while looking at him. He looks so pale. The only sound I could here was his breathing and the beeping of his heart rate, on the machine. I put my head on the bed while holding his hand.

I felt two arms wrap around my torso. I tilted my head up a bit and saw it was Susan. She had tears in het eyes as well. "Im s-so, so sorry" I said moving my body towards her. She pulled me to my feet and pulled me into a hug. "Its not your fault" she began, "it is. I should've seen it coming" I said, "no Robert look at me" she said in her boss voice. I looked at her. "This" she said gesturing to the hospital room, "this is not your, mine or Chase's fault okay. This can happen to everybody, okay" she said. I nodded. "But he's been through so much. He doesn't deserve this" I said with tears. "Yes. He went through a lot but remember he survived that. He survived the grief for the loss of his parents. He survived the abusive orphanage. And he survives our crazy family" she said the last part laughing. Which makes me laugh as well. "So he'll survive this okay. You, me, Exton, Avri and everyone we know will make sure he will make it through this" she said. "If thats the last thing I do" she said with a stern voice. "Because thats what a family does. Thats what we signed up for" She said. "To protect him". "To protect your young one" she said, "young one? Chase is the oldest of the three" I said to her with a smirk, "way to go to ruin a serious moment" she said rolling her eyes at me. I snickered as we both looked back at Chase and silently sat in silence.

---------------------------------------------------------
Just for the record. I dont know anything about the machines and stuff they use in hospitals for heart attacks and other medical stuff. I just made something up. Something what I call 'your typical person who doesnt know anything about medical care and just puts something together what makes scense in their head'. So just let me have the fun of making random stuff up