C H A P T E R 6

Twenty minutes later I stood outside of the principal office.

We had to help cleaning after school.

Tiffany acted all innocent, but luckily the principal didn't fall for it. She was actually pretty angry.

I started to walk to my next class. The lesson started...lets see...seven minutes ago. Great.

I sighed and opened the door. All eyes were on me. The teacher stopped the lesson and turned around to face my direction.

Teacher: "And where are you coming from?"
He didn't look happy.

Y/N: "Principal office"
I said annoyed.

Teacher: "Hm. Take a seat and don't disturb my lesson again"
Y/N: "Jeez, I'm sorry"
I said as I walked to my table and sat down.

The teacher looked angrily at me, but didn't say anything and continued his lesson.

I grabbed my books, turned to my left and was met with a pair of ocean blue eyes, which belong to Daniel.

D: "And?"
He whispered.
Y/N: "Cleaning and probably detention"
D: "Aii, that sucks"

I just nodded a bit, because the teacher was already looking at us again and we both faced forward and pretended that we were paying attention.

I looked around the classroom and felt something was missing. I thought about it and looked again, searching for the blonde curls.

He wasn't in his usual spot, the table behind me, and also not in the classroom.

I silenty turned around, trying to catch attention from the chocolate brown eyes behind me.

When I got it, I quickly looked back at the teacher to make sure he wasn't looking at me.

Y/N: "Where's Jack?!"
I whispered.

Z: "He wasn't really feeling well and went home after you went to the principal office"
He whispered back.

Y/N: "Oh okay"
I said a bit disappointed.

We all paid attention, all but Zach. He was bored without his mate next to him, so he was constantly messing around and trying to talk to everyone.

The teacher already warned him twice. But that didn't stop the goofy boy from disturbing the lesson.

Teacher: "ZACHARY HERRON!"
Z: "Uhh it's just 'Zach' for you, got it?"

Teacher: "EXCUSE ME YOUNG MAN! DON'T TALK BACK TO ME LIKE THAT!"

Z: "ExCuSe mE, but I can say whatever I want"
Teacher: "NO! YOU'RE BEING RUDE!"

Y/N: "Zach just shut up, can't you see he isn't in a good mood today?!"
I whispered to him.

Z: "No, I'm not going to shut up"
He said with a normal volume to me.

I rolled my eyes at his stubbornness.

Teacher: "ZACH! ENOUGH! CLEANING AND DETENTION FOR YOU!"

Z: "Tss, really sir? Woke up on the wrong side of the bed today?"
The teacher looked at him in disbelief. He was was furious.

Teacher: "Principal office! Now!"
He said as he pointed to the door.

Z: "Okay, well, bye guys. Guess I'll see you at detention Y/n"
He said as he walked out of the classroom.

I shook my head and laughed a bit. I can't believe this kid, he's so dumb.

If he had just shut up he wouldn't have detention now. But it's his own choice and I don't mind, I bet it's going to be much more fun with Zach than with Tiffany alone.

The lesson was over and I headed to my last class. I thought about Jack.

Why was he sick all of a sudden?

And why did he look hurt when I said that thing back in the canteen?

The lesson moved by pretty quick and I walked to the room, where I was supposed to clean, with a lot of reluctance.

When I arrived, Tiffany was talking to the teacher, she turned around and walked towards the door.

Y/N: "Where's she going?"
I asked the teacher.
Teacher: "Home"
I ran and blocked her way out of the classroom.

Y/N: "Nuh uh, if she's going home, I'm going home too. We did the same thing, so we both have detention OR we both don't have"

T: "No, he said I could go home"
She said as she flashed me one of her fake smiles and smirked a bit.

Y/N: "No, Tiffany! You. are. staying. here!"
I looked at the teacher.

Teacher: "Well...Y/n is right. You're staying too and no buts!"

I gave Tiffany a fake smile, she glared at me. Her look was full of hate. She always gets away with everything, but not this time.

Zach walked in and the teacher told us what we had to do. We were helping with cleaning. Love that.

Tiffany made sure she was as far as possible from Zach and me, so she was at the other side of the room.

Zach and I just talked. I told him how dumb he was for not shutting up, the only thing he did was shrug.

It was silent for a bit and I thought about Jack again.

Y/N: "Hey Zach?"
I placed my broom against the table.
Y/N: "What was going on with Jack now?"

Z: "What do you mean?"
He said as he was still focusing on wiping the dirt.

Y/N: "Why did he leave all of a sudden? I mean, he...he looked fine, actually more than fine, before lunchbreak"
I said a bit sad as I sighed.

Z: "Yeah, it was weird, but he isn't feeling well, it's probably nothing"
I just could see that he lied. I crossed my arms.

Y/N: "What really happened after I left the table"
Z: "He put his head in his hands and sighed, told us that he wasn't feeling well, stood up and said bye to go home. Nothing more and nothing to worry about"

Y/N: "Zach don't lie to me. You know more"
He turned around and laid the dirty cloth down. Then sighed.

Z: "Look Y/n, I know you want to know, but I'm not going to tell you, I'm sorry. I don't know if it's true what I'm thinking. And also not sure if that's why he left. But I do know that I know my best friend quite well"

Y/N: "He isn't sick. Is he?"
Zach shook his head no.

Z: "I don't think so"
Z: "No, wait. I'm not going to say anything"
He said more to himself than to me.

Y/N: "Why did he leave then"
Z: "I don't know"

Y/N: "Zach, come on! We both know that you know it! Don't fool me"
Z: "I'm not going to say it, Y/n"

Y/N: "Why. Did. He. Leave. Zach? Please tell me"
I whined. He sighed.

Z: "I-i don't know, but I think that he didn't like what you said earlier"
Y/N: "Said what?"

Z: "Figure that out yourself, I already said too much"

He said as he grabbed the cloth again and continued cleaning.

I grabbed the broom and we both cleaned, in silence.