C H A P T E R 28

My face hit the water and I didn't get up anymore. I tried and screamed, but I couldn't get out. I only suck in water and that's when I knew it was actually over. It was too late. They were too late. Everything turned black.

*Jacks P. O. V*
We ran and ran when we finally saw the lake. I looked around and saw someone sitting at the edge. She must be there. Luckily, we were on the same side. We quickly ran towards the person. The person looked our way, it was a man and he was pushing something into the lake with a lot of force. What was he doing? I didn't get what he was doing at that moment, I was so focused on finding Y/n that I just didn't see the connection. We ran closer, the man got up and tried to get away. He had definitely something to do with Y/ns disappearance. I sprinted after him. He set three steps and I was already on top of him. Beating him up, tears spilling from my eyes. My hits weren't the best I've ever given. I was exhausted from running, I was angry, crying, worried. Mike popped up next to me.
M: "Let me"
I ducked a bit to the side and Mike hit him right in the face. His last hit to unconsciousness.
Ja: "Call the police!"
Lex: "Already on it"
M: "I'll keep him busy, go get your girl"
I looked at him confused and then looked back at the others. That was the moment when it finally hit me. This man kidnapped Y/n during the ghosts tour, did god knows what to or with her and was drowning her in this fucking lake.
Ja: "Thanks"
Mike literally sat on top of this guy, so he couldn't get away when he woke up. Lucas sat by Mike, so we didn't have to worry about that anymore. I walked to the others. Y/n was floating on the lake, her face down. Mr. Wilson quickly lifted her out of the lake and laid her on the grass. I kneeled down next to her. Zach and Laura already sat on the ground.
Ja: "OH MY GOD! Y/N?! WAKE UP PLEASE!"
I said crying, grabbing her face.
Z: "JACK SHUT UP AND DON'T TOUCH HER!"
I looked shocked at him.
Z: "Sorry, we need to do this thing"
Everyone was crying by now.
Z: "Okay lay her on her side so the water can get out"
He rolled her over to her side and a lot of water came out of her mouth. I couldn't see this. I stood up and walked a few steps away. Mr. Wilson came over to me and just hugged me. It may sound weird because he's my teacher, but he's a young, chill guy and I really needed it right now. Mr. Smith took my place next to Y/n. Good thing we brought a biology teacher. Maybe it'll help. I still looked at her and at everything what the others were doing.
La: "Is her heart beating? Do we need to do cpr? Does anyone know how to do cpr?!"
Z: "Laura! Baby, calm down. She'll be fine, I got this. I know what to do and I also know how to do cpr. Don't worry"
S: "You actually do know what to do. And can perform cpr? Hmh, even though you don't look like this in my lessons, Herron. Good job"
Z: "Thanks, but I don't really care about your lessons and paying attention right now, because my friend over here is almost dying"
He said as he checked her heartbeat. Z: "It's low, but she is alive. I don't think we have to do cpr"
Mr. Smith checked it too.
S: "You're right, good job"
Z: "Let's roll her on her side one last time"
It worked again, she started coughing a bit. I heard her raspy breaths. She was breathing again. I slowly walked to her and sat down. But made sure I didn't bother Zach, because he was really doing a good job. It actually surprised me, it sounds weird, but I'm proud of him. Y/n coughed up a lot of water. It looked terrible, it must've been horrible for her. She finally opened her eyes a bit and groaned, still coughing.
Z: "Give her some space"
Everyone took some distance, so she wouldn't feel locked up or something. Only Zach, Mr. Smith and I sat next to her. I just couldn't move. I wanted to give her space, but I was just frozen in my spot. She opened her eyes completely and sat up, gasping for air. As soon as she sat straight she threw up. Loads of water. Wow, she really did swallow a lot of water. I think we were just in time. Once everything was out she caught her breath again. It was stable now. You could see she was weak, but she was breathing. I heard sirens in the background. The police were almost here. She looked around and she leaned back on her elbow like she was dizzy, as soon as she saw the man laying there. Tears spilled out of her eyes.
Z: "Shhh it's okay"
I moved and sat behind her, one leg on each side, and lifted her off her elbows. I could see it was hard for her to lean on, because they were shaking and she could fall down any moment.
Ja: "Lean against me instead of on your elbows"
I whispered to her. She didn't respond, but completely leaned her full weight against me instead. Her head leaned back in the crook of my neck. I wiped her tears, she looked exhausted and terrified.
Ja: "Don't worry, you're safe now"
I said, kissing her head. She didn't really react to what we were saying and just stared around, it looked like she was in shock.
Z: "Are you cold?"
He said as he felt her temperature on her head. She didn't respond. Zach carefully checked her heartbeat again. Then he lighty cupped her face and carefully turned it towards his, trying to get her attention.
Z: "Are you cold?"
He asked again. She slightly shook her head no.
Z: "Ah fuck, she is hypothermic. We need to keep her warm"
The man probably woke up. We heard him and Mike scream. I looked over and saw that Mike was still on top of him and pinned his arms to the ground. The man fought back. Sirens came closer. Police was almost here. If he breaks free he can hurt all of us or escape. He literally has to do one little thing to Y/n and it's done for her, she is so weak right now. They were still screaming at each other. I hope Mike and Lucas have this situation under control. Otherwise it could end really bad.
Man: "Let me go!"
M: "Or else"
Typical Mike, trying people. I grinned a bit when I heard him say that. The grinn immediately got off my face when I heard the man respond.

To be continued...

Like and comment for more!