C H A P T E R 31

I fought and screamed. Ater a few seconds I felt air in my lungs again. The hand was gone. I cried hysterically and tried to get away. I couldn't, I didn't have any energy to move.
Ja: "I'm sorry. Shh, it's fine. I'm not going to hurt you"
He said as I was still focused on getting away, confused about what happened.
Ja: "I'm sorry, come back. Everything is alright"
He pulled me back into his chest and I just sat there, panicking.
Ja: "Sorry"
He whispered to me and I felt soft lips on my head. That calmed me down and I felt okay again. Still scared, but I felt safe in his arms.
Man: "So that's what it looked like. Quite entertaining"
I would've walked to him and would've punched him so hard right now if I had the energy to do it. But Mike already did it for me. Tears brimmed in my eyes again. I hated fighting, I hated arguments, but it's so sad how some people have such crazy ideas that it is necessary to be violent sometimes. I also had those tears because I realized who just punched the guy. Mike. It was Mike. He was actually protecting me, helping me, making sure I was safe. He risked his own life and held the man down. That man could've done some real damage to Mike, but he didn't care. He did this to protect me and to make sure that this stupid ass got punished. Tiffany hadn't been mean to me in a while. And now, she was by my side, made sure I was okay, calmed me down, helped searching for me, was worried about my health. In the end everyone here cared about each other and especially about me at this particular moment. Even Jack. I was in his arms right now, he was keeping me calm and warm, he made me feel safe. Even though I ignored him for days and still was. Even though we argued and weren't on good terms right now, he was still here for me. We were one big team now. I really appreciated that. The man started about killing and the gun again. He didn't have one, I knew it for sure. He would've shot me or threatened me if he had one. I pulled myself together again and made clear he was wrong. He told me to shut up. I wasn't having it. I moved a bit away from Jack, took a deep breath and sat up straight. After that, I told him exactly why I knew that he didn't have a gun and why he had to shut up. Why did he had to get me? What did he want? I asked him, screaming. Jack pulled me back and leaned me against his chest again. He wrapped his arms around me and rocked me back and forth while I cried hysterically. I honestly didn't know that anyone could cry so much, that you could have so many tears. He whispered that everything was fine, planted little kisses on my head and tried to make me forget about it to calm me down. But I knew he was crying too, he was hurt too, he thought it was unfair too, I just knew it. But he still succeeded in calming me down every single time. Eventually, the police arrived. There was screaming, they pointed their guns. I burried my head in Jacks chest and cried as he put his hands up. I just couldn't, I couldn't handle it and cooperate with the police. They already saw that, moved on and arrested the man. Turns out that he already killed three people. They asked some questions and left again. My head was pounding, I was tired. And I was cold now. I started shivering, felt like I had to throw up.
Z: "Are you cold?"
He asked for the third time this evening. I slowly nodded my head. He looked a bit relieved and happy and kept saying things. I couldn't understand what it all meant. I just focused on myself and looked around at everyone. My head felt heavy, it hurt really bad, I could barely stay awake at this point. In the corner of my eye I saw that Jonah took his hoodie off. Jack started to tug on mine. I just let him and leaned back, eyes half closed, I could fall asleep at any moment. He took my soaked hoodie off and pulled a dry, warm, comfy hoodie over my head. I guess this was Jonah's, based on the size. It was so big, it was like a long dress for me. Zach told me that I had to tell him if I got colder again.
Z: "Let's go back"
Everyone stood up, I tried too, but didn't succeed. Everything hurt as I tried and I didn't have the energy. I felt Jack move behind me. He stood up and I immediately felt the warmth disappear. He quickly pulled his pants up as he stood up and I leaned my head in my hands. I didn't laugh out loud, but that made me smile on the inside. He's such a dork. When his pants were good to go again, he bent down and picked me up bridal style. My head felt heavy and it dangled over his arm. He stopped and moved my head so it was in the crook of his neck now. I snuggled more into Jonah's hoodie and sunk completely into Jacks chest. I felt warm and comfy and I started to doze off. Jack carried me all the way back to my cabin and the others were worried and checked if everyone was fine. The teachers wanted to bring me home, but I didn't want to. I wanted to be here with my friends and not alone at home. And I wanted to sleep, in a bed, right now. I could always go home tomorrow, but I was excited about this camp and wanted to stay as long as I could. We went back to my cabin and Jack set me down in the bathtub. I just wanted to go to sleep, but they told me that I really had to clean myself a bit first. Luckily Laura was here and she helped me. She was my best friend and I didn't even care anymore at this moment. She washed my hair and I got all the earth and dust off my body. The water stung so fucking bad, I was crying in pain. Laura cried too, she couldn't bear to see me like this, but she still acted like it was all fine to calm me down. Only for me, to give me the feeling that it would be okay. I love her so much, she's always there for me. I dried myself and Laura asked the boys for my clothes. I got dressed and Laura helped me to put a hoodie on. I knew this wasn't mine and I immediately guessed it was Jacks. I could smell it and just felt like this was his. He's so sweet, giving me all his hoodies. Zach's probably jealous of me, I thought by myself. My head went through the hoodie and one of my arms. I just couldn't move the other arm. My shoulder hurt so so bad. That was because I got dragged through the whole woods by this arm. The man pulled on it, turned it, everything. It dislocated a couple times, but popped back in. That happened to me easily, so it wasn't that big of a deal, but it still hurts if it happens multiple times in a short amount of time. It felt like it was going to fall off. I screamed so loud as we tried to get my arm in the hoodie. Laura gave up, she didn't want to hurt me anymore. The boys entered the bathroom and Jack wanted to give it another try. Laura left, she'd already seen enough. Jack and Zach carefully managed to get my arm through the sleeve and it hurt so bad. Jack brought me to bed and I was instantly asleep. Finally peace.

To be continued...

Like and comment for more!