C H A P T E R 23

We got on the bus just in time and Laura immediately sat next to Zach. Dani sat with Ava, Corbyn with Chris, Jo with Tate and Leo and Ollie sat together. There was a free seat next to Jack, but I didn't want to sit there. I looked around for other seats, but it looked like the bus was completely full and this was the only seat left. I sighed.
La: "Y/n sit down"
Y/N: "Why do I have to sit next to him?!"
I sat as I pointed to the free seat. Jack and I made quick eye contact. He looked a bit sad.
Ja: "Wow thanks"
He said silently as he put the hood of his hoodie up and looked out of the window. I know it's childish, but I really wanted to dodge Jack this week and not talk to him.
Z: "Y/n..."
La: "Just sit down, come on. Don't be so childish"
Y/N: "I know it's super childish, but I just don't want to sit next to this asshole"
Le: "Y/N! Now are you going to si-"
Teacher: "Okay we have everyone. Can everyone sit down?! Who is standi- Ah! Y/n sit down please"
I sighed, rolled my eyes and sat down next to Jack. Jack didn't move his head from the window. I looked the other way. The teacher told some things, but I wasn't paying attention to him. I looked at the boy next to me. He was still staring out of the window, hood up. I couldn't really see his face, but I thought that I saw something shiny roll down his cheek. Was that a tear? I slightly moved and saw that new ones were forming in his eyes. I noticed that it hurt me, to see him sad. Especially because it was of me. I still like him, a lot. But it's just hard, I don't know if I can be with him. And I can't just pretend like nothing happened all of a sudden, because I am still mad at him. But I don't want to be. Ughh I don't know anymore. What I want, what I have to do, what is going on, I don't know. A new tear silently streamed down his cheek. I bit my lip, debating on what to do. I couldn't bear to see him like this. In one movement I gently wiped the tear away and looked at the teacher, acting like nothing happened. I could feel that Jack was looking at me, confused about what I just did. I quickly glanced at him and looked at the teacher again. I didn't look at Jack anymore. I had to act like I didn't just do that. The teacher finished his little speech and we started driving. Everyone started a conversation or movie. Except for Jack and I. I just looked straight forward. Looking at other people. Jack looked in the same direction. I just knew he looked at me every once in a while. A couple minutes later I got bored with looking at people having fun, but I definitely didn't want to talk to Jack. I leaned back in my chair and closed my eyes. Maybe it was a good idea to get some sleep. That way I don't have to deal with Jack or anyone else. I know that the others are annoyed with Jack and me. And now especially me, because I keep ignoring him. They're tired of it and I don't blame them. I shifted in my seat, trying to find a comfortable position and closed my eyes again.
Ja: "Y/n..."
I mentally sighed. Oh no, I'm not in the mood for this.
Ja: "Y/n please"
I turned the other way, eyes still closed.
Ja: "Just talk to me. I want to know what's wrong"
I almost choked on my own saliva. He wanted to know what was wrong?! Oh my god, is he serious right now?! I was already mad again, but I held myself in and ignored him.
Ja: "Don't be so fucking childish! Just tell me what's exactly wrong"
Y/N: "I don't want to talk to you Jack! Isn't that still not clear by now?!"
I snapped back at him, while I grabbed my hoodie and laid it over my face to shut down the light and all the noises for a better nap. But mostly because of Jack.
Ja: "You're saying I'm difficult and that's true. Sorry that I am the way I am. But YOU are being the one that's difficult right now! First you ignore me and don't want to talk. I get the intention that you don't care about all of this and that you don't want this to be fixed. But then you make me cry and wipe my fucking tear telling me it's alright and that you don't want me to cry! At least that's what it would mean to me. So this is all you right now and not me!"
I ignored him.
Ja: "And yes, I know I'm difficult and I don't love that either, but I'm finally being myself and happy in my life, well not anymore, but you are being really annoying now so don't blame me being difficult at this moment!"
I was still ignoring him. He snatched the hoodie from my face, trying to get my attention.
Ja: "I'm talking to you!"
Y/N: "Give me my hoodie back!"
I said trying to grab it out of his hand, but he held it out of my reach.
Ja: "Excuse you? It's still MY hoodie after all"
I fell a little back in my seat realizing it actually was his hoodie and not mine. I still had his hoodie from a few months ago. It was my favorite hoodie and I just packed it to wear it on camp. Oh god, why is precisely this my favorite hoodie. I really can't understand myself sometimes. I mentally groaned not having a come back to what he just said.
Ja: "Hmh that's what I thought!"
He said as he softly threw the hoodie in my face and looked out of the window again. Wow, he actually gave the hoodie back. He really is sweet. Ughh why? I'm supposed to be still mad at him. I sat back again and tried to sleep. After a while, I grabbed my earphones out of my bag and I saw that Jack was just staring at his phone. But it wasn't on, he was just starting at a black screen and just playing with the device in his hand. I sighed, put some music on and covered my face with the hoodie again. I fell asleep not long after that.

To be continued...

Like and comment for more!