C H A P T E R 21

Z: "What?"
Ja: "I finally kissed her!"
I face palmed myself. Laura looked at me in disbelief and squealed in silence.
Z: "Who?"
Zach asked as if he didn't knew, while he smirked down at the camera. I showed him my middle finger and he quickly looked back at Jack.
Ja: "Y/n, duh. Who else? You know I never stopped liking her and she's the only one I'll ever like"
Laura made a little sound and quickly put her hand over her mouth.
Ja: "What was that?"
Z: "What?"
I heard Jack walk over to Zach. He looked at the screen and his eyes widened.
Ja: "For how long are you already calling them?"
Z: "Couple minutes"
Ja: "But I came home like one minute ago"
Zach laughed and nodded.
Ja: "Wtf Zach! They heard everything, didn't they?! That's so embarrassing!"
Z: "It's fin-"
He got cut off in the middle of his sentence, because Jack hung up.
Laura and I looked at each other.
Y/N: "Oh shit"
La: "It'll be fine, don't worry"
La: "But omg, you guys kissed?!"
I laughed and nodded.
La: "Tell me!"
I quickly told her what happened, not too many details, that would be a bit too awkward.
La: "Omg yaas"
She said squealing of excitement.
La: "Finally"
Y/N: "Yeah, now can we call them back? I want to know if Zach's still alive"
Laura laughed and called Zach back. Zachs face appeared on the screen and we heard a door slam shut. Laura and I both frowned worried.
Z: "Yeah, he is mad"
He said sighing.
Y/N: "Zach!"
Z: "He's just embarrassed and mad that I didn't mute the call or didn't tell him that I was on the phone"
Y/N: "Ughh"
Y/N: "Give him the phone please"
Z: "No, he's not here"
Y/N: "Where is he? In his room? Just walk to his room Zach, please don't be so stupid"
Z: "No he walked out of the front door"
Y/N: "What?! You know how he is when he's mad! Where did he go?!"
Z: "I don't know and I don't care. He'll come back"
Y/N: "I don't feel like arguing about this and causing drama. I'm going out for a bit. See you later Lau"
La: "Bye"
I heard Zach sigh, while I grabbed my purse and headed out. I just needed some time alone. I walked out of our apartment complex and grabbed my phone out of my pocket. I tried to call Jack a couple times but he didn't answer. I decided to go to the music store. I love music and it's really important to me. It always cheers me up and I can express my feelings through it. It helps me a lot. I walked into the store and heard someone sing. I walked further and saw that it was Jack. I stood somewhere behind him and listened to his beautiful voice. (SWIPE FOR VIDEO)
I walked to another room in the store and made sure Jack didn't see me. I knew that there was a piano here and I could play the song Jack was playing. I sat down and waited for the good moment to join in. I started playing along with Jack and he stopped for a little bit, but continued quickly. We sang and played the rest of the song together. We finished the song and I started playing a new one. I could see Jack standing in the doorway in the corner of my eye. He walked back and I thought that maybe he was going to play along with me, but instead of that, I heard the bell by the entrance of the store ring a few seconds after he walked away. I quickly got up and looked around in the store. Jack wasn't there anymore. Shit. I said bye to the owner and ran out of the store. I stopped outside. I looked around and spotted the blonde curls on my right. I turned right and ran after Jack.
Y/N: "JACK"
I screamed as I was closer. He stopped, turned around, but then he turned back and kept on walking. Wow. That hurt. I ran to him and stopped in front of him.
Y/N: "Why did you leave?"
I said out of breath. He didn't answer.
Y/N: "Jack? What's wrong? Please tell me"
He avoided eye contact.
Y/N: "If all of this is about that call, it's fine. It was not embarrassing at all, I think it's just cute"
Ja: "And I think it's embarrassing, Zach's an asshole and I want to be alone right now, so bye"
He said as he started to walk again, but I stopped him.
Y/N: "Why are you so difficult? I was so happy a few hours ago and it looked like you were too. I thought that we could be something, but I don't really think anything can happen between us if you're like this. You are literally unbelievable and don't come back to me and say you're sorry, I'm done with you"
I said with tears in my eyes, he made direct eye contact this time. His expression was cold, a bit lonely, but I saw guilt and regret too. I didn't care anymore, he could've just accepted that that call happened and just be happy about what happened. But I think it was a mistake, that kiss, that I even thought about being with him. I looked in his eyes for one more second and then turned around and walked further.
Ja: "Y/n..."
Ja: "I didn't mean it like that. Please"
I turned around, I saw a little hope in his eyes.
Y/N: "Yes you did. And Zach is not an asshole, you are. Bye Jack"
I said in a cold tone and I started walking again. It sucked that we both had to go the same way. I walked a bit faster and faster, but I didn't want to run. And of course, I tripped and fell face first on the ground. My arm was under my body and it already hurt. I groaned and started to get up. I heard someone run to me.
Ja: "Are you okay?"
He asked worried.
Y/N: "Fuck off Jack, I don't need you!"
I said as I got up and walked away. He stood there dumbfounded and hurt. I didn't care anymore. I didn't want to go home, but I didn't want to be alone. I also didn't want anyone to talk to me or questioning me. Luckily, I knew exactly where to go.

To be continued...

Like and comment for more!