Chapter 3: The Secret

~Ollie~

       I checked over the form on my phone before pressing the submit button. When I got the confirmation that it was sent, I locked my phone and placed it in my pocket.

       "He's getting suspicious," Dad spoke up from the kitchen where he was cooking something on the stove.

       "Yeah, because you texted me the video when he was sitting beside me," I said. "I told you to wait until he wasn't near me."

       "I thought your phone was on silent."

       "Did I say I was going to turn my phone on silent?"

       "Watch your mouth, Oliver."

       "I just asked you a question."

       "You had a tone."

       "Everyone has a tone when they talk. It's how talking works."

       Dad glared at me before going back to cooking whatever it was he was cooking.

       I walked over to the kitchen and sat down at the table. "Am I making a mistake?" I asked.

       "Doing what?" Dad asked.

       "Sending an audition video for Grant when he said he doesn't want to audition?" I asked.

       Dad shrugged. "You're the one that knows Grant more than I do and you're the one risking your engagement if he gets mad at you."

       I sighed. "Thanks for making me feel worried about it."

       "I was kidding, Ollie," Dad said. "Grant is head over heals in love with you. He's not going to call off the engagement if he gets mad at you for sending in an audition tape."

       I hoped...

       The front door suddenly opened. "Guess who's back, losers?" I heard Aurora say. "That's right, I am. You may now bow. Or curtsey. Either works."

       I sighed, wanting to lock myself in my bedroom so I wouldn't have to deal with my annoying cousin. I loved her and everything but she made me feel very stressed when she was living here. She moved back in with her dad a while ago and I was a horrible cousin for wanting it to stay that way.

       Only because she just wouldn't stop hitting on Grant no matter how many times I told her to be quiet.

       I looked over at the front door, also seeing my uncle Kash standing with Aurora. I got up from the table to walk over to him and gave him a hug. "Hi, Uncle Kash."

       "Hello, favourite nephew," Kash said as he hugged me back.

       "I'm telling Fabian," Aurora said.

       "Do it," Kash said before looking at me. "So where's the fiance of yours that I've never met despite you being with him for how long? Almost two years?"

       "He's with his mom right now," I said. "But he should be home soon. You're going to love him."

       "Yeah, he's really hot," Aurora said.

       "Aurora, I swear, if you say anything like that about Grant again, I will not only demote you from maid of honour status but will also ban you from attending my wedding," I said.

       "That's harsh," Aurora said.

       "I wouldn't have to be harsh if you stopped calling Grant hot," I said. "Can you just go back home?" Aurora just smiled at me. "What?"