Chapter 60: The Big One | Final Chapter

guys i was horrible at remembering ollie has a dog so let's just pretend she was at training school and is now the best girl k thanks.

Chapter 60: The Big One

~Grant~

       I was starting to think the universe didn't want want Shaw, Ollie, and I to get Hugh out of Spruceworth. Which, I mean, I was totally fine with. I didn't really want to get involved but if I was, I would know for sure if what they were doing was safe or not. The last thing I wanted was for Ollie to be put in danger with everything that was going on.

       However, it was hard for us to do anything outside of our house because Spruceworth has been caught in torrential downpour the past couple days. I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually turned into a full-on storm with harsh winds, thunder, and lightning.

       "Is this rain ever going to let up?" I asked, looking out the window by the front door. "I've never seen rain this bad that lasted for so long."

       "Eh, it will be fine," Ollie said, who was lying down on the couch watching TV with Zelda curled up beside him. "Just don't be dramatic and run out into the storm this time."

       I looked over at Ollie and glared at him. "You don't have to be so mean to me."

       "I'm not. I'm just stating the truth."

       I stuck my tongue out at Ollie before looking back out the window to see how the rain was going. So far, there wasn't any sign of it letting up. "I kind of want to go out there," I said.

       "Right, and what was that about me being mean to you because I told you not to be dramatic and run out into the storm?" Ollie asked.

       "Well, in my defence, I'm not going to be dramatic," I said. 

       "You're always dramatic."

       I opened my mouth to object but then I realized Ollie was right. Not only was I always dramatic, but I also loved being dramatic especially because it bugged Ollie a lot. I liked bugging him. I didn't know if that made me a horrible husband but oh well. Being dramatic was worth it.

       "Ooh, it looks like a storm is starting to brew," I said. "The wind just got really heavy."

       Right after I said that, there was a large cackle of thunder followed by a light flash of lightning. It probably wasn't going to be long before the power went out.

       "Hey, want some hot chocolate?" I asked. "Before the power goes out?"

       "You think the power is going to go out?" Ollie asked.

       "Probably," I said. "The storm looks really bad. It even looks worse than the two years ago. Was it two years ago? Oh my gosh, it was two years ago. Dang, time flies. Hey, want to bang?"

       "Grant, focus on just one thing," Ollie said. "Either the hot chocolate, the storm, or banging."

       "Banging."

       "Either the hot chocolate or the storm."

       I sighed heavily as I started making my way to the kitchen. "It's hard having a husband who won't even have sex with me. You know, the next time you're in the mood, I'm going to turn you down so you know how it feels."

       Ollie snorted. "Okay."

       He was always doubting me. What a mean husband.

       I opened one of the cupboards in the kitchen and pulled out the hot chocolate powder. Right as I was about to heat up so water, the power decided to go out right then and there. It couldn't have waited until after the hot chocolate was made?