Chapter 39: Investigation

~Ollie~

       "Are you ever going to leave the couch?" Grant asked as he walked over me, resting his arms on the back of the couch. "Or are you going to lie here like this all day?"

       "I'll get up to head to bed," I said. "Or to the kitchen to get some food. Other than that, nope."

       "You don't want to go out or something?" Grant asked. "Maybe to The Gold Mine? Or to get some frozen yogurt? Or--"

       "Stay in the living room, watching a movie?" I finished. "That sounds like a great idea."

       "Come on, Ollie, you should get some fresh air," Grant said. "We can even just go for a walk and got to the walkway."

       "Are you sure you want to be seen with a cokehead and an alcoholic?"

       Grant sighed heavily. "You took cocaine once, Ollie. I don't think that classifies you as a cokehead. And not wanting to hang out with you would kind of make me hypocritical since, you know, I'm the one who used to take cocaine. And still craves it from time to time. Why would you think I wouldn't want to be seen with you?"

       I shrugged, pulling the blanket covering me all the way up to my chin. "How should I know how you think?"

       "Alright, scoot over," Grant said.

       "What?"

       Grant didn't reply and since I didn't scoot over like he told me too, he walked over to the front of the couch and gently pushed me over all the way to the back of the couch. He then got on the couch beside me, putting the blanket over him as well. "Then if you're not going to move at all, I'm going to stay beside you the whole time."

       "Or you could so something better than staying with me while I mope," I said.

       "Come on, there's nothing better than spending time with my husband," Grant said. "Even while he's all mopey. Are you sure you don't want to go anywhere, though? I know how much you like going to the walkway."

       "And be out in public?" I asked. "When someone tried pinning the explosion on me and nearly succeeded? And give them another opportunity to pin something else on me? Something worse? No thanks."

       "What about a visit to the psychologist?" Grant asked. "You did say you'll go."

       "I already booked an appointment," I said. "It's tomorrow so as for today, I am not going to go out at all."

       Grant was silent for a bit before saying, "Want to do some sleuthing then?"

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you talking about?"

       "We can go out and try to find who pinned the explosion on you," Grant said.

       I snorted. "You're joking, right? I just said I'm not going out at all, yet you want me to go out and, again, get something else pinned on me? Might as well just paint a target on my back and wear a sign that says 'Hey, need someone to blame? I'm right here'."

       "I'm sorry, I know you're upset about this and everything but your attitude is just the cutest thing ever."

       I wanted to be annoyed that the only thing Grant was thinking about was how cute I was because of my attitude but I couldn't help but smile. But since I didn't want to seem like my mood was lightening, I turned around so my back was facing him.