Chapter 35: Another Day, Another Music Festival

~Ollie~

       Watching the ninth round of Sing Loud and Proud was the most nerve-wracking thing ever. This round determined who was going to the final round of the show. I really wanted Grant to make it to the final round, and to win this thing. He worked so hard on this show and he was extremely talented. He deserved to win.

       After all of the contestants finished performing in the ninth round, the five contestants moving on to the final round were announced.

       And I was extremely to hear that Grant was one of the five moving on. Now he just had one final performance in two weeks and he could actually win this thing.

       To make things even better, Spruceworth's music festival was back and we got to spend the day together. I absolutely loved going to the music festival annually. Music was one thing Grant and I shared so it was great to spend some time at this festival.

       Even though it made Grant a bit moody because his grandpa wasn't allowing him to get free food. Grant thought that just because he was the mayor's grandson, he should be allowed to get free food from the stands that weren't giving away free food.

       "So are you excited for the final round of the show?" I asked.

       "Excited, nervous, all of the above," Grant said. "I just really hope I win it. Or at least come in second."

       "You're definitely going to win it," I said.

       "Don't jinx it."

       "I'm not jinxing it. I'm telling the truth. You're too talented not to win. Do you know what song you're going to performing for the final round?"

       "I do," Grant said. "It's one song I've always liked. One that I feel like I connect to the most. And the judges always say that one thing that makes my performances special is how I connect to the song."

       "Well, I know you're going to do amazing," I said. "Any chance you can tell me what song you chose?"

       "Nope," Grant said. "You can wait." I placed his arm around my shoulder. "But I will tell you that I think you'll like it."

       "Of course I will," I said. "You'll be singing it."

       Grant smiled at me and gave me a lingering kiss before we continued walking around the village to see what was here for the music festival. So many musicians were playing all around the village; pianists, cellists, violinists, all sorts of music players.

       Of course, there were also the singers but they only performed on the stage as opposed to anywhere they want like the instrumentalists were.

       Grant even told me that he and Hennessy were actually going to perform a song together later on. I couldn't wait to see that. I've never seen them perform any song together. Separately, yes, but not together. 

       Unfortunately, it was another song that Grant wouldn't tell me what it was. He just told me to wait until the performance to see and that I didn't get any special husband privileges. 

       No wonder why I always turned him down for, in his words, fun times.

       "Hey, so I have a question," Grant said. "I have to head over to the stage soon to get ready for my performance with Hennessy but before that, want to go find a spot to make out?"

       "Nope," I said.

       "Awe, why not?" Grant asked.

       "Two reasons. One, you won't tell me the song you're going to sing with Hennessy. And two, you won't tell me the song you're going to sing for the final round of Sing Loud and Proud."