Chapter 28: The Pianist is Back

~Grant~

       As nervous as I was for this round of Sing Loud and Proud, like I was for every single round, I was also quite excited for it. For the first time throughout the show, I was actually feeling quite confident. I didn't have much time during actual rehearsals to rehearse with the pianist because I was working on my original song but thankful, I had a pianist as a husband who was willing to rehearse with me at home, even when he wasn't feeling too well.

       Because of all the times I rehearsed with Ollie, I think I was going to do extremely well, especially because during my performance, I just have to think about how much I enjoyed rehearsing with my amazing husband.

       Not only that, but if both Alison and I made it to the next round, we were going to be doing a duet next round since she got to pick her duet partner and she already said she was going to pick me.

       Which, come to think of it, might just fuel those rumours about me and her even more but hey, there would possibly find out the next week that I wasn't really with her since my song was clearly about a guy.

       While Alison and I were talking in the greenroom as we waited for the performances to begin, Sakura hurried over to us. "Grant, there's a problem. At least, I think it's a problem. Wait, no, it definitely is a problem. It just might not be yours."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "What are you talking about exactly?"

       "You're the one who has the female pianist playing for you tonight, right?" Sakura asked. "I mean, she did tell me to tell you."

       "Tell me what?" I asked.

       "Okay, so I was in the washroom, using the mirror in there to get some finishing touches on my hair," Sakura said. "I normally use the dressing rooms but I don't trust it anymore since someone tried hiding my outfit last time. Anyway, the female pianist rushes into the bathroom and she does not look good at all. She was very pale. Like very pale. She went into one of the stall and just barfs. Over and over again. I asked if she's okay but she told me she isn't. She then wanted me to tell you just in case she can't go on. I already got the first aid people to check her over."

       "Is she okay?" I asked.

       "Uh, I just told you that I asked her and she said no," Sakura said.

       "No, I mean, did she tell you why she's sick?" I asked. "Is it anything serious?"

       "I don't know," Sakura said. "That's what the first aid people are finding out right now."

       Elaine walked over to me. "I'm guessing Sakura told you about the pianist."

       "Yeah, she did," I said. "Did the first aid say find out what's wrong? Is she okay?"

       Elaine sighed. "She will be but as of right now, she's not. She has food poisoning but she could have sworn she didn't eat anything that would have caused her to have food poisoning."

       "She's also in no shape to play the piano for you," Elaine said.

       "That's completely fine," I said. "I don't want her to feel pressured to play the piano. She should relax as much as she could."

       "That's a problem, though," Elaine said. "This is the live music round. While this is out of your control, you need live music to perform. Even if you didn't, we don't have a backing track for you."

        Sakura looked at me and mouthed, "Sabotage."

       Was it really sabotage? I didn't think it was, at least I hoped it wasn't, but this was the second week in a row something happened that went wrong with my performances.