Chapter 8: The Third Audition

~Grant~

       Everyone who made it to the third audition round of Sing Loud and Proud were given two free tickets for whoever they wanted to watch them audition. My first ticket was clearly going to Ollie since he was the one who signed me up for the show anyway and had been supporting me the whole time. I'd be a horrible fiance if I didn't give it to him.

       There was a lot of argument between pretty much everyone who knew me about who would get the second ticket when they found out about it. Aurora, Hennessy, Vikram, Noah, Julian. Everyone wanted that free ticket. So I did the logical thing.

       I didn't give it to anyone who was arguing.

       It took a long time but in the end, I decided to give it to August. After all, he opened up his home to me after Cora kicked me out and was almost as supportive as Ollie was. Not only that but he was the one who helped Ollie submit a video for me.

       If anyone else wanted to come, they could be nice and support me by paying for a ticket.

       I had to get to the venue long before the auditions were going to begin and before the door opened for the audience so I had to stay at the venue all alone. At least I didn't have to go to Vancouver alone. August drove me there and while waiting until the doors opened for the audience, he and Ollie were just going to spend time around the city.

       When August pulled into the driveway of the venue, I thanked him for driving me here before getting out of the car. "Good luck, Grant," he said. "Ollie and I will be cheering you on in the audience."

       "Thank you," I said.

       Before I could head to the venue, Ollie got out of the car as well. He pulled me into a tight hug. "Good luck, Grant. You're going to do great."

       "Thanks," I said. "If you need anything, please just call or text me."

       "I'll be fine, Grant," Ollie said. "I'm going to be with my dad the whole time."

       "I know," I said. "I just... want you to know I'll always be here for you."

       Ollie smiled softly. "I know."

       "I'll try to come see you when you get back to the venue, okay?" I said. "I'm really going to need to see you just once anyway. I'm starting to feel really nervous."

       "You know, the same goes for you," Ollie said. "If you need anything, you just have to call or text."

       "I will," I said. 

       Ollie gave me a soft kiss before giving me another hug. He wished me luck again then got back into the car. He looked at me out the window and waved as August drove off.

       I looked at the venue, taking a deep breath before walking through the front doors. This was it. In a few hours, I was going to performing on a stage in front of judges, hundreds of people, and on camera that was later going to be shown on TV.

       Well, not all auditions today were going to be shown on TV. Only the people who officially make it on the show will be shown, as well as a few who were close to making it. 

       As soon as I walked into the venue, I saw the sign in table so that was where I headed. Only two other people were in the line up so it didn't take long for me to get to the front. "Name?" one of the people at the table asked when it was my turn.

       "Blade Simms," I said.

       She looked at the list before looking back at me. "It says here that you told the producers during your second audition that you prefer to go by the name Grant. Would you like to go by Grant or Blade?"