Chapter 47: Plan A Continues

~Ollie~

       "Are you going to tell me anymore of your ideas that you have for this plan?" I asked Grant as we were helping to get the dinner plates ready for serving. "Or are you going to keep it a secret and just do everything on your own?"

       "It's not that I want to keep it a secret," Grant said. "You'd probably just disapprove of what I have planned."

       I sighed. "What do you have planned, Grant?"

       "I'll tell you one thing," Grant said. "I'm planning on bringing a piano in here for you to play some beautiful music."

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "I don't get it. How would me playing the piano help at all?"

       "It will help set the mood, especially if you play some sexy time piano music."

       "Grant!"

       "What?"

       "I'm not playing that kind of music at a high school reunion. Don't you have any boundaries about what we can and can't do to get my parents back together?" 

       Grant just smiled, trying his best to look innocent. "What ever do you mean?"

       I sighed. I thought this plan to get my parents together would be simple as long as they did pretend they were still together just for the night. I should have known Grant wanted to make it a lot more complicated than it was. 

       I mean, all we came here to do was egg my parents on to make them pretend they were still together. And they did say they were still together so that was that. We didn't have to do anything else but of course, Grant wanted to.

       I just hoped what he had planned wasn't going to disrupt everyone at the high school reunion.

       Annie gave all of us volunteers who were going to be the servers during the dinner portion of the night so we all grabbed a service cart and placed the amount of dinner plates required for the table we were serving, which was between six and eight people.

       Once my cart was filled up, I left the school kitchen where the dinners were being prepared. I walked back to the gymnasium and immediately headed over to my table assignment, which ended up being the one my parents were sitting at.

       As I was setting down the plates in front of everyone at the table, Dad asked, "So are you going to tell me what you and Grant are doing here?"

       "What do you mean?" I asked.

       "I know you two," Dad said. "You're clearly up to something."

       "I don't know what you're talking about," I said. "I'm here because I felt like volunteering here."

       "So you're just ignoring the fact that Grant has been acting suspicious all night?" Dad asked. "Like he's up to something?"

       "Okay, but when isn't he up to something?" I asked. "If he is, I have no knowledge of it whatsoever and he's doing it all by himself."

       Dad still looked at me suspiciously, not believing that I was completely innocent as to why I was here. I just had to play it off by throwing Grant under the bus and acting like I had no idea what he was planning.

       After all, this mainly Grant's idea.

       Once I finished giving everyone their dinners, I wheeled the service cart back to the kitchen. As I was making my way there, Grant was heading to the gymnasium to serve his table so I stopped him. "So is there any chance you can not be so suspicious?" I asked.