Chapter 42: The Finale

~Grant~

       Today was the day. The day I've been so nervous for ever since it was announced I made it to the final round of Sing Loud and Proud. It was the final round of Sing Loud and Proud. And this round, the judges weren't going to decide who won. All the viewers got to vote for who they wanted to win.

       Which was both a good thing and a bad thing for me. It was a good thing for me because Bruce really seemed to dislike me no matter how hard I tried. But it was also a bad thing because even though Bruce didn't like me, I still got high enough scores from the other judges to make me the top performer for the past couple weeks.

       Then again, I really wanted to know what all the viewers thought and if they agreed with the judges or not. If I did win, I knew I could make it as a singer.

       Since this was the final episode of this season, the producers decided to do a special surprise for the final five contestants. Since all the contestants, apart from me, lived outside of British Columbia, the producers were going to invite in their family members not only to watch them perform live, but to hang out with them in the greenroom before the competition; where all the pre-performance filming happened.

       I was the only one who knew about the surprise since Elaine knew somewhat of what Ollie had been going through recently so she wanted to ask me to make sure he was okay with coming backstage. He was and this time, he said he was okay with being filmed so the camera crew didn't have to avoid filming me when Ollie was with me.

       Even though Ollie would rather keep our relationship private, he decided to snuggle up next to me on one of the chairs in the greenroom.

       I certainly didn't mind. Snuggling with him was calming me down a bit since I was very nervous to perform in this final round.

       And filming hadn't started quite yet so there was still a few minutes for Ollie to warm up to being affectionate with me when there were other people around.

       When Alison got to the greenroom, she spotted me and Ollie together so she walked over to us and sat down on the arm rest. "So what's been going on with the whole..." She looked back and forth before lowering her voice and leaning closer to me. "Arresting thing? With the diner?"

       "It's very complicated," I said. "Very complicated. I'll explain it to you later."

       "So... Ollie didn't do it?" Alison asked.

       "No, of course he didn't," I said.

       "Okay, good," Alison said. "Because when I heard about it I was very confused. It didn't seem like something he could do."

       "He's sitting right here," Ollie spoke up.

       "We know that, Ollie," I said. "We're not trashing you or anything. She said it herself that she didn't believe it."

       "Yeah, and I will go after the person who truly did it and tried blaming you," Alison said. "I will go get my baseball bat right now."

       "There's no need for that," I said. "Again, I'll explain it to you later. So are you going to ask Vikram out any time soon?"

       "You change subjects fast," Alison said.

       "Yeah, he does it all the time," Ollie said. "He can barely keep a conversation going. I'm starting to believe he has the attention span of a goldfish."

       "I do not," I objected. "Oh, by the way, Destiny told me that they're almost done with the repairs so we can get some milkshakes soon. Then again, she's my cousin and she created the recipe so I can always go to her house for milkshakes."