Chapter 50: Halloween

~Grant~

       "You know, ever since you joined the team for my EP, I felt like it has been coming along a lot smoother," I said to Ollie as the two of us walked out of the building where we had been working on the EP.

       Ollie smiled at me. "Well, anything to help you."

       "And I really appreciate your help," I said, smiling back at him. "I can't believe the EP is almost completed. And I still can't believe that I actually won Sing Loud and Proud."

       "I can," Ollie said. "You're extremely talented. The most talented person I've ever met."

       "Uh, have you looked in a mirror?" I asked. "Because you're the most talented person ever."

       "I was talking about singing-wise," Ollie said. "And I also said the most talented person I have ever met. Can someone even meet themselves?"

       I shrugged as we got to the bus stop and sat down on the bench there, waiting for the bus to arrive so we could head back home to Spruceworth, just in time to get changed into our costumes for Halloween in Spruceworth.

       l was a bit worried about Ollie attending the Halloween event, to be honest. We just stayed home last year, watching Halloween movies and pigging out on junk food but... The year before that?

       That was when the explosion at the school happened. Ollie was still suffering from it and being at the Halloween event might make things worse.

       But Ollie said he really wanted to go this year so who was I to stop him?

        When the bus finally pulled up, Ollie and I got on and scanned our bus card before finding seats to sit down on. "So are you going to look hot in your costume?" I asked.

       "Uh... I guess?" Ollie said.

       "Wrong answer," I said. "The correct answer is damn right you will."

       Ollie furrowed his eyebrows. "If you already knew the answer, then why ask?"

       "Because I'm trying to hit on you," I said. "Duh. You're hot, by the way."

       "So you've told me before," Ollie said. "Every single day. Probably every hour when you have the chance."

       "And you're welcome for that," I said.

       Ollie just rolled his eyes, a smile on his face. He always tried his best to be irritated at me but it rarely worked, unless he was in a bad mood. But when he was in a bad mood, I did leave him alone so that didn't count.

       Once we got to Spruceworth, Ollie and I got off the bus and immediately headed to our house to get changed into our costumes because the Halloween festivities had already started by now.

       I did wonder why I had to go do some EP stuff today, on Halloween, but I didn't mind. The more I did it, the faster it would be completely finished and soon released to the world to hear.

       I was very anxious to release my own music but at the same time, I was very excited. I've always loved music and so far, I was on a path to pursue a career in music. I was so lucky to be able to.

        And I did owe a lot of it to Ollie. I wouldn't have gotten this far, I wouldn't have won Sing Loud and Proud, if Ollie didn't send in an audition tape for me despite me saying I didn't want to be on Sing Loud and Proud.