Chapter 44: Artistic Expression

~Grant~

       I was hoping that I was going to get a nice, loving welcome once I came home after a long day in the city getting to work with my EP from winning Sing Loud and Proud. Ollie did text me a few times to tell me that he missed me so I was hoping he would be so loving when I came back.

       He wasn't.

       He was sitting at the piano, playing one of the most beautiful songs on the piano. Normally, when he was playing a song, he got so lost in the song that he didn't even notice much about his surroundings. However, he was able to notice me walk through the front door.

       And as soon as he did, he changed from playing one of the most beautiful songs to playing circus music.

       Circus. Music.

       This wasn't the first time he did this to me whenever I walked in somewhere and I highly doubt it would be the last.

       I closed the front door and set my backpack on the ground. "Really?" I asked. "You're doing this again? Am I really that much of a clown?"

       Ollie just smiled at me as he stopped playing the piano. "I just know that it bothers you and I love bothering you."

       "You are just something else, aren't you?" I asked, walking over to him. I hooked my arm around his shoulder and kissed his cheek. "So what have you been up to all day?"

       "Well, I woke up thinking 'what can I do to bug my husband today?' So I decided to learn the circus music and wait until you got home."

       I glared at Ollie. "You and I both know that you didn't learn that song today."

       "I was kidding," Ollie said. "I actually went out with my mom and dad for lunch. Fun fact, I felt like a third wheel so I am even more certain that they still have feelings for each other. Like, who feels like a third wheel around their parents? Me, apparently."

       "If they're not dating by Christmas, I think we need to force them to get together," I said. "Like lock them in a room and not let them out until they agree to date again. Or I can ignore them until they agree to date."

       "Grant, no offence, but I'm pretty sure my dad wouldn't agree to that just so you wouldn't talk to him," Ollie said. "Because I love you and everything but you're kind of... Okay, you're really annoying."

       "Says the one playing circus music every time I come home."

       All Ollie had to do to make me agree with him and not be insulted that he called me really annoying was look at me with a smile. "I love you," he said.

       I couldn't help but smile back at him. "I love you too." I gave him a lingering kiss. "So what were you playing when I walked in?"

       "Circus music."

       "Before that, Oliver."

       "Oh, that," Ollie said. "That was Liebesträume No. 3. I haven't started learning any new piano pieces for a while so I chose this one."

       "It was beautiful," I said. "You always choose the most beautiful pieces to learn. And complicated. Why do you have to choose complicated pieces?"

       "Are you really questioning my decision to choose complicated pieces after I married you?"

       "Are you calling me complicated?"