Chapter 25: Rumours

Chapter 25: Rumours

~Ollie~

       As upset as I was that Mom decided to try to object to the wedding because she was really against me marrying another guy, I couldn't be happier right now being married to Grant. It did come a lot faster than expected since we did elope and originally, we were planning for a winter wedding but... It felt right.

       I didn't have any regrets choosing to marry Grant after Mom told me she wouldn't be in my life if I did.

       We had to get going back home so after Grant and I finished packing our bags in our hotel room, we checked out and met everyone else outside where the RV was.

       "What took you two so long?" Hennessy asked once Grant and I got inside the RV. "I thought you wanted to leave like half an hour ago."

       "We did but we were... packing our things," I said. 

       "Since when did it take that long to pack?" Hennessy asked. "You literally only brought stuff for a day and a night. What else was there to pack?"

       I was hoping Grant wouldn't say the true answer of what we were doing but then again, this was grant we were talking about. He had no chill whatsoever and wasn't afraid to let people know about things that should just stay private.

       "Oh, Hennessy, you innocent soul," Grant said. "Ollie and I just got married. Of course we're going to go to our hotel room and f--"

       I elbowed Grant's side before glaring at him. "They don't have to know that."

       "Know what?" Grant asked. "I was going to say something completely different. Like fight. As in a pillow fight. That's what we were doing, right, Ollie?"

       I just ignored him as I sat down on one of the couches in the RV. Right as I did, I noticed someone sitting in the RV who definitely didn't join us on the trip here.

       I immediately glared at Fabian. "What are you doing here?"

       Fabian just smiled at me innocently, trying to hide the true evil that he has inside of him. "Well, Grandpa keeps pestering me to visit him and I've always wanted to check out this Spruceworth. Your dad offered to give me a ride there."

       I looked at Dad, who was sitting in the driver's seat, getting ready to leave. "Seriously? Why would you do that?"

       "Oh, relax, there's more than enough room for him," Dad said, starting up the RV since everyone was in here. "And I know what you're going to say. The response to that is no, Fabian is not evil. You two just need to let go of that childish feud you have."

       "I let go of it a long time ago," Fabian said. "Oliver clearly hasn't."

       "He just called me Oliver, Dad," I said. "He's taunting me."

       "Uh, it's your name," Dad sad. "What else is he supposed to call you?"

       "Ollie," I said. "Only people who don't really know me or don't really like me call me Oliver. Or Grant when he's being dramatic and decides to use my full name."

       "Didn't Grandpa just call you Ollie during your wedding?" Fabian asked.

       "He had to use my full name," I said. "He used Grant's real name even though Grant doesn't like it."

       "Okay, I would really like to know what the origin of this cousin hatred is," Grant said. "You keep claiming that Fabian is evil but so far, I'm just not seeing it."