Chapter 19: Planning Pushed Behind

~Ollie~       

       I stared at my laptop screen, feeling like absolute crap right now. There was an amazing venue that Grant and I could get married in but the problem was that the only time available was in December. Other than that, the next time was September of next year.

       And we couldn't take the December date because my mom still wasn't going to give me permission to marry Grant. 

       Sure, we could take the September date of next year but I really didn't want to wait until then to marry Grant. I loved him. More than anything. He made me really happy and I really wanted to marry him.

       The front door to my house opened and Grant walked inside after being in Vancouver for Sing Loud and Proud. When he saw me sitting at the table, he walked over after closing the front door. Grant stood behind me, loosely wrapping his arms around me. "What are you doing?" he asked.

       "Looking at venues," I said. "I thought I found one but there's a problem."

       Grant looked at my laptop, seeing the pictures of the venue. "What are you talking about? This one looks perfect."

       "Exactly," I said. "It is perfect."

       "I'm lost," Grant said. "How is that a bad thing?"

       I sighed. "Apparently, it's a very popular venue. There are only two available dates close by. One in December. And one in September of next year. But we can't take the December one because I'll still be eighteen and my mom is refusing to give me permission and I really don't want to take the September one because I don't want to wait over a year for us to get married and--" I sighed again as I closed my laptop. "Everything is just getting so stressful."

       "Don't do any planning on your own, okay?" Grant asked. "I don't want you to feel even more stressed. It's not good for you."

       "I know, I know," I said. "I just wanted something to do to spend time while you were in Vancouver. We have five people living in this house and almost every day, I'm so lonely and bored."

       "Ollie, you know you're more than welcome to come to Vancouver with me when I have to be there," Grant said.

       "But sometimes, I don't even want to travel all the way there," I said. "I'd rather just stay home."

       "Well, I don't have anything tomorrow for Sing Loud and Proud," Grant said. "We can stay home. Have a chill day. Watch movies. Eat food. Maybe do some more wedding planning."

       "It will be useless to plan if I can't get my mom to agree to it," I muttered.

       "Hey..." Grant said softly, sitting down beside me at the table as he gently grabbed my hands. "Just think, the more we plan, the quicker we can get married when your mom finally gives you permission." I opened my mouth to object but Grant cut me off. "Yes, when. Not if. Because if she truly loves you and wants you to be happy, she'll let you marry whoever you want, even a guy."

       "I doubt it," I said. "She said it herself. She wants her only son to marry a girl. And she's trying to justify it by saying if I wasn't truly happy, I wouldn't be drinking again."

       "Seriously?" Grant asked. "That's just..."

       "Horrible?" I asked. "Selfish? Downright shitty? Yeah, I know. Now you can see why I have no hope in us getting married anytime soon."

       "Have you tried talking to your stepdad about it?" Grant asked.

       I furrowed my eyebrows. "Why would I do that?"