Chapter 49: Stronger Than Ever

~Ollie~

       As I was sitting on the couch playing a video game, the front door opened and Grant walked inside after being gone for just over two hours without telling me where he was going. He just kept saying it was nowhere and I eventually gave up asking him where he was going.

       "Why are you still in your pyjamas?" Grant asked when he looked over at me.

       "Because I have nowhere to go today so it's going to be a pyjama day for me," I said. "Are you done being nowhere?"

       "I sense some pettiness in that comment," Grant said.

       "No, really?" I asked sarcastically. "I wonder why that would be."

       Grant walked over and sat down beside me on the couch. "So are you busy today?"

       "I'm quite busy, actually," I said. "Like I said, it's a pyjama day for me so it's clearly a busy day. I'm thinking of ordering some pizza, too."

       Grant suddenly grabbed my controller out of my hand and paused my video game. Before I could even object, he placed the controller on the coffee table and grabbed my hand, pulling me up from the couch. "I'm insulted you said it was just going to be a pyjama day," he said as he pulled me to our bedroom. "You know, considering it's our two year anniversary."

       "Doesn't that change now that we're married?" I asked.

       "Technically, yes," Grant said, heading to the closet once we were in our bedroom. "But I still don't want to forget this date since it was when you finally when you stopped being so oblivious."

       "Okay, so what does that have to do with why you pulled me here?" I asked. "And please don't say just is just an excuse to get me in bed with you."

       "Of course it isn't," Grant said. "You know I'm more forward than just pulling you in here and telling you about our two year... No, wait, this is totally something I would do to get you in bed with me. But I promise, that isn't what I'm doing." He grabbed an outfit out of the closet before tossing it towards me. "Here, put this on."

       I furrowed my eyebrows as I examined the outfit Grant just gave me. "My wedding suit? Why?"

       "Just put it on," Grant said as he grabbed yet another outfit out of the closet, this one being his wedding suit. I had no idea what was going on but I didn't bother trying to question Grant. He never gave me a direct answer when he was trying to do something like this.

       "Can't we just have a pyjama day?" I asked, despite getting changed into the suit.

       "We can have a pyjama day tomorrow," Grant said. "It's too late to change the plans."

       "And what exactly are these plans?" I asked.

       "You'll see," was all Grant said.

       After Grant and I changed into our suits, for a reason I still didn't know, he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bedroom and towards the front door. "You know, I would like to know where we're going."

       "I'll tell you only part of the location," Grant said. "It... is... somewhere in Spruceworth."

       I gave Grant a flat look. "Really? I would have never guessed."

       "Hey, we could have been leaving the village," Grant said. "I've taken you to Vancouver before."

       "Yeah, but not out of the blue," I said. "You would always make sure I'm free that day before taking me out of the village. If you're not telling me where we're going, and if it's out of the blue, chances are, we're staying in Spruceworth."