Chapter 14: Confidence

~Grant~

       Having Ollie out of the hospital and back at home was making me really happy. It felt great to finally be able to sleep in the same bed as him. Though Zelda slept in the bed with us since it was her first night in her new home but it was better than not sharing a bed with Ollie at all.

       Ollie was doing a lot better as well. He was still struggling with his withdrawal but not as much as he was before he was hospitalized.

       He even said he felt well enough to go to today's round of Sing Loud and Proud. Just to be safe, I told him I would talk to Elaine about letting Ollie hang out in the greenroom if being in the audience with hundreds of other people was getting too stressful for him.

       I walked into the greenroom, feeling a lot more cheerful and ready to perform. I even wanted to be the centre of attention for once by saying, "Hello, Canada. I am here and... Yeah, I can't think of anything else."

       "No one cares," Vivienne said from where she was relaxing on one of the chairs.

       "I care," Alison spoke up. "Nice entrance, dude."

       I gave her a thumbs up and she gave me one back. I was going to go hang out with her, like I always did while I was at the venue, I had to talk to Elaine first so I walked over to the producer. When she saw me, she gave me a smile. "How is everything going?" she asked.

       "Good," I said. "My fiance is doing a lot better. And speaking of, he is out of the hospital and will be here tonight but the doctors said it's best for him to rest and stay out of stressful situations so if it gets too stressful for him in the audience with hundreds of people, would he be able to come here?"

       "Yeah, sure," Elaine said. "I'll inform the camera crew so if it does happen, they won't get him on camera since I'm guessing that will make him more stressed."

       "Thank you," I said. "For being so understanding about all of this."

       "Of course," Elaine said. "Part of my duty as the producer is to make sure all the contestants are taken care of, and that includes mental health. I'm glad your fiance is doing better. Good luck tonight."

       "Thanks," I said. 

       I texted Ollie to tell him that he was allowed to come to the greenroom if he needed a more calm place to relax. I then walked over to the couch Alison was on and flopped down beside her. "You seem a lot happier."

       "I am," I said. "Things have been a bit better than it was a week ago. So are you ready for tonight's performance?"

       "Definitely," Alison said. "But I am a bit nervous since this is the first round where eliminations are happening. I really don't want to go home early in the competition."

       "Not to be overconfident but I don't think either of us will," I said. "We were part of the top three last week. Then again, that doesn't mean anything. Just because we got high scores last week doesn't mean we'll get it again. Oh my gosh, do you know how awful it will feel to go home this week after scoring high last week?"

       "Yeah, you're not really helping," Alison said.

       "Sorry," I said. "What I meant to say is that as long as our performance to night is at the same level as last week's, or better, then there's no way we're going home. Sorry if that sounds too confident. I've been working on getting my confidence back. Ironically considering I didn't sound too confident ten seconds ago."