Chapter 23: Road Trip

~Ollie~

       I never thought this morning, I would have been waking up to someone banging two pots loudly together from the kitchen. Seriously, the pots were being banged together so loud that I heard it from my bedroom.

       Which wasn't that much of a surprise considering this was a one-story house but still. I would have liked to be woken up nicely and not by this loud and annoying noise.

       I guess nobody was bothering to get up even after we were awoken by the loudness because a few moments later, Vikram called out, "You lazy butts better be getting ready to go! We have a long trip ahead of us!"

       "For goodness sake, Vikram, let us sleep!" Hennessy called back.

       "No way!" Vikram called. "I waited forever for Grant and Ollie to get married and I'm not going to let anything stop it!"

       "I thought they're not getting married until tomorrow?" I heard Alison ask; the only person who was nice enough to talk in a calm voice. 

       "Yes, but we're making the trip there today," Vikram said. "It's why we're all sleeping over, remember? And we have to stop off at Sing Loud and Proud today for you and Grant so we really need to get ready."

       Grant had woken up as well because of all the chaos Vikram decided to ensue and he decided to call out to everyone, "Good luck to you all getting ready when there is only one washroom!"

       "I call dibs!" Hennessy called.

       "What? No, I need to get ready for Sing Loud and Proud," Alison said. "Let me go first."

       I could hear them all arguing about who got to use the washroom first and for some reason, it really amused Grant to hear them all argue because he just chuckled. "You don't care about using the washroom?" I asked.

       "Nah, I can just get ready in here," Grant said. "Besides, I've gone to Sing Loud and Proud meetings while looking like I just rolled out of bed so I don't really care how I look for it."

       "Really?" I asked. "That's a shocker."

       "How is that a shocker?"

       "Uh, because you really care about your looks. And don't deny it. You've admitted to yourself many times that it takes forever for you to get ready. Speaking of, shouldn't you be getting ready?"

       "I should but I like cuddling with you." Grant wrapped his arms tighter around me, causing me to smile. 

       However, as much as I wanted to lie in bed with him a bit longer, we really should be getting up and getting ready. I didn't want him to be late to the meeting at Sing Loud and Proud, and considering Hennessy, Vikram, and Alison all spent the night to make it easier for them to be here when my dad got the RV, it was going to be a struggle trying to get into the washroom. Especially since there were already three teenagers, plus a little girl, living here.

       I sat up on the bed and Grant sighed heavily. I just smiled as I looked at him. "We should get ready."

       "Fine, but I'll never forget this moment of betrayal."

       I rolled my eyes and leaned down to give him a quick kiss before getting out of bed. Dad told us the trip to Alberta was going to take around nine hours, depending on the traffic and how much he had to stop, so I wanted to make sure I was dressed comfortably for the trip.