Chapter 11: Waiting

Chapter 11: Waiting

~Grant~

       As soon as I walked into the greenroom, I flopped onto one of the couches. I had never felt so tired in my life, even when I went through the nights when I couldn't sleep. Well, it didn't help that I didn't sleep a wink last night. I tried but sleeping in the hospital beside Ollie wasn't really the best choice. I kept looking at him, my heart breaking even more at the sight of my fiance in a coma.

       I just wanted him to be okay. I missed talking to him all night. I missed sleeping beside him. I missed him smiling all the time. 

       I missed him.

       And it hasn't even been a full twenty-four hours since he had his seizure and had to be put in a coma.

       Shortly after I got to the greenroom, the camera crew arrived as well and started setting up. I sighed, remembering that starting today, the camera crew was also going to film all of the meetings and rehearsal progress. I didn't mind at first when Elaine told us but now, I would rather not it happen. Just for today, or the next few days. I really didn't feel like being on camera right now.

       I probably looked like crap too; another reason why I didn't want to be on camera.

       Elaine walked over to me and sat on the chair beside me. "How is everything going?" she asked.

       "Not good," I said honestly. "My fiance is at a high risk for seizures right now so the doctors had to put him in a medically induced coma. They said it will last for a few days. Maybe even a week. I couldn't even sleep last night."

       "I'm so sorry," Elaine said. "You're free to head home to rest if you want."

       I shook my head. "No, I'll stay. I need something to distract myself anyway and I might have to miss other rehearsals. It will be best for me to stay today."

       "Okay, if it's what you want," Elaine said. "But if you want to stay off camera today so you could have a bit of peace and quiet, I'll make sure to inform the camera crew. I just want to help things feel comfortable for you."

       "Thank you," I said. "Being off of camera today will really help. I wouldn't mind being in the background while someone else is the focus but I would rather not have to cameras actually focus on me today."

       "Alright, I'll be sure to inform the camera crew," Elaine said. "I feel like you could use some good news right now. About your score yesterday."

       I guess that meant I didn't get a low score so that was good.

       "So our of one hundred, you scored a ninety-three," Elaine continued.

       That did get me to smile a bit. "Really?" I asked. "Wow, I did better than I thought."

       "You did a lot better than you must have thought," Elaine said. "Because your ninety-three was the highest score of the night. Congrats, Grant. Keep it up."

       As Elaine got up to walk towards the camera crew, I did feel a bit better. I didn't expect to do so well last night but I guess I was doing great on Sing Loud and Proud. Maybe I should start being more confident.

       Alison walked into the greenroom and when she saw me, she walked over and sat down in the spot Elaine was sitting on. "Hey," she said. "How are you?"

       "Well, I feel like complete crap," I said. "I'm exhausted. Very worried about Ollie. I just want him to get better but so far, that's not the case."