Chapter 13: A New Addition

~Ollie~

       Even though I was glad I was being discharged from the hospital and could go back to being in the comfort of my own home, I was worried I was only going to end up back in the hospital a few days later. I really didn't want to go back there.

       Dad was the one who picked me up from the hospital to help me get home since I would rather not walk back on my own. I was tired of being completely alone in the hospital, even though Grant stayed there almost every minute and Dad visited as much as he could. There were still times where I was alone and it was rough.

       "Do you think I'm well enough to go to tomorrow's Sing Loud and Proud filming?" I asked Dad as we walked out of the hospital to head home. "I really don't want to miss another week."

       "Well, the doctors did say that it is best for you to rest," Dad said. "But you are well enough to leave the hospital so I think only you can decide if you're okay to go."

       "I think I can go," I said. "Hopefully. I missed last week's and I don't want to want to miss another one of Grant's performances."

       "He'll understand if you have to," Dad said.

       "I know," I said. "He's a very understanding person. I still don't want to miss it. I want to be there to support him."

       I knew Grant wouldn't get mad or anything if I didn't go tomorrow, In fact, I could tell he was already going to constantly ask if I was well enough to go and that I should stay home if I didn't feel like going out.

       He was always so selfless. It was one of the many things I loved about him and the many reasons why I wanted to marry him.

       As soon as Dad and I got home, I wanted to go to my bedroom and lie down on my very comfortable bed. I missed my bed a whole lost from being in the hospital for a while.

       Grant was home, standing in front of our bedroom door, in fact. He wasn't even doing anything. He was just standing there.

       When Grant saw me, he looked over at me and smiled. "There's my insanely hot fiance that I love so much.

       I eyed him suspiciously. "What are you doing?"

       "What ever do you mean?" Grant said. "Yeah, I could see I'm overdoing it. So since you haven't been feeling well lately, I've been thinking of how I could help you out and then I thought of something that would be perfect for you."

       "I swear, if you're talking about sex--"

       "What?" Grant asked. "No, I'm not. I mean, I'm not against it if you really want to." I gave him a flat look. "No? Okay, that's fine. Anyway, this is what I was talking about."

       Grant opened the door and the cutest puppy immediately walked out of the room.