Chapter 26: For Him

Chapter 26: For Him

~Grant~

       Alison and I were extremely tired when we got to the Sing Loud and Proud meeting in the morning. We didn't get back to Spruceworth until late at night so we didn't get much sleep before we had to wake up to get ready and make the trip down there.

       As soon as we got to the greenroom, we both flopped on the couch there. "As soon as I get home, I'm going to bed and never waking up," I said.

       "Same for me when I get to my hotel," Alison said. "Speaking of, are there any hotels in Spruceworth? My current hotel may be closer to here but it's so boring here. At least in Spruceworth, I can carpool with you and I have friends there."

       "Yeah, there's a hotel there," I said. "Ooh, that means you'll be able to hang out with Vikram a lot more. Wink, wink."

       "And I definitely wouldn't object to that," Alison said. 

       Vivienne decided to walk over to us and I immediately knew she was going to start some sort of drama with us. I wanted to ignore her but I decided that pestering her would be the best option.

       Okay, maybe not the best option but it was definitely the one I was going to take.

       "I know what you two are up to," Vivienne said. "And let me just tell you that it's not going to work."

       Alison and I looked at each other confusedly before looking back at Alison. "And what exactly are we up to?" Alison asked.

       "Trying to get more views for the two of you," Vivienne said.

       I was still as confused as before. "Wait, if we're trying to get more views for the two of us, wouldn't that mean the whole show in general gets more views? How is that a bad thing?"

       "Yeah, and how exactly are we trying to get more views?" Alison asked.

       "Isn't it obvious?" Vivienne asked. "It's all over the news. It's hard to come across a news article or anything about Sing Loud and Proud without it being about how you two are dating. I know you're pretending just for the views and votes."

       "Yes, because people are going to vote for me and Alison just because we're 'dating' and not because they think we're talented," I said. "Get over yourself, Vivienne. Some people just try to win by giving it their all. They don't have to make up some kind of story or drama or anything to boost their popularity."

       "So you're not denying that you're pretending you're dating?" Vivienne asked.

       I looked at Alison. "I don't think she understands what sarcasm is."

       "Yeah, me too," Alison said. "That was clear sarcasm in your voice just then."

       "Exactly," I said. 

       "This isn't a game," Vivienne said. "Some people are trying they're hardest to win but you two are getting all the attention."

       "It isn't even our fault," I said. "Neither of us went to the other and said 'Hey, want to pretend date for views?' We're just friends and always hang out. It's the viewers that took things out of context."

       "Sure it is," Vivienne said. "I will expose you two eventually."

       I snorted. "Okay."

       Honestly, I would expose myself about the whole me dating Alison thing if I didn't want to keep my marriage with Ollie private.

       Well, maybe there was a way I could 'expose' myself without actually upright saying I was married.