Chapter 3: 3 am

Gellert POV:

Albus seemed...off earlier, I'm not sure whether he felt pressured into searching for the Hallows but I hope he said yes because he wanted to. I need him. I felt paranoia crawling on my back, the constant worry something was wrong. The wind blew the light, satin curtains of my room, I sat at my desk gripping at my hair. I couldn't take it anymore, it was 3 in the morning but I couldn't get this feeling out of my head. I apparated as quietly as possible into Albus' room. Ive never been in his room before,  I knew it was his because I'd see him in the window sometimes. It had cream coloured walls with a dark brown skirting board, oak wood slats as the floor. Shelves lined the walls filled with books which I'm sure he's read since they all looked tattered and frayed at the edges. I turned my attention to the desk that was covered in books and paper, some framed black and white photos of who I assumed was his parents, Ariana and Aberforth and a small desk lamp shining onto the auburn locks of Albus Dumbledore. The very sight made me smile to myself. I walked over slowly, my slightly heeled shoes clicking on the floor. I reached my hand out and held his cheek, my thumb running over his smooth skin. He stirred. But I didn't care. I watched his eyes slightly open, as he sat up, I ran my hand across his jawline, lifting his chin. With my other hand, I brushed the stray hairs that were in his eyes away from his face.
'What's going on?' He said groggily.
'Shhh.' I quietened him, caressing his cheek, 'you need to sleep.'
I tucked my arm underneath his legs and supported his back, carrying him over, he leant his head into my chest. I'll just sit with him for a few minutes. I sat down on his bed and let him rest on my legs, he huddled closer and put his arms on my stomach. Ok...maybe I'll just stay here, besides, he needs to sleep for the cause. I felt the warmth from Albus spread through out my body, all I could hear was his quiet breathing against my coat. His red hair shining from the moonlight outside, his heart beating against my own. I removed my hand from his legs and held his clenched fist, at my touch, he loosened his grip so I slipped my hand into his, rubbing my thumb over his knuckles gently. I didn't sleep. 3 hours had passed when the sun began to rise at 6, Albus' hair glowed in it, the rays that hit his face making me realise the cute, small freckles dotted on his cheeks. It dawned on me that if Albus woke up now...it probably wouldn't be best. Luckily, I didn't wake him up as I removed myself from him, I lay his head against the pillow carefully. Before I turned to apparate back to my room, I brushed his hair away from his eyes and tucked it behind his ear. I smiled. I apparated back to my room and sighed, walking down the stairs to find Auntie making herself a tea. I found the British always have tea in the mornings.
'Did you sleep well?' My aunt asked, noticing I had entered the kitchen.
'Very!' I lied, trying not to worry her.
'Toast?' She offered. Although I wasn't hungry, I knew I needed to catch up on the energy from my lack of sleep.
'Ja.' I said, deciding to use German.
'Was machst du heute?' My aunt asked, (what are you doing today)
'Ich dachte Albus und ich könnte einfach etwas zusammen machen.' I replied.
(I thought Albus and I could just do something together)
'Nichts Gefährliches bitte, ich möchte nicht, dass du in Schwierigkeiten gerätst-'
(Nothing dangerous please, I do not want you getting into trouble)
'Tante, ich möchte dir keine Schwierigkeiten machen, solange ich bei dir bleibe.' I interrupted.
(Auntie, I do not want to cause you any trouble as long as I stay with you.)
She nodded and placed my buttered toast onto a clean plate and handed it to me before hobbling off to eat her own. Auntie isn't from Germany, as I mentioned before, she's my mums' sister, I'm half English. My mum moved to Germany to study there, where she met my dad and they had me. I grew up there but I learnt English from the age of 13, Auntie used to come and visit and we'd trade, I'd teach her German and she'd teach me English. Her German is a little off fluent but she's improving. After finishing my toast, I went to the hill where me and Albus usually spend our time together. He finally arrived, carrying lots of books which almost made him topple over.
'Do you need any help?' I offered.
'No no...all good!' He smiled, putting them down against the tree before collapsing in fatigue. 'Look at all this Gellert! I stayed up late last night and I think I may of found a lead on the elder wand.'
'Vhat?' I snatched the piece of paper he was holding away from him in desperation. My heart racing with every word I read. 'Are you sure?' I asked, trying not to get my hopes up.
'Of course, all in the books Gellert.' Albus opened up a book and pointed to a circled passage which I read thoroughly.
'Albus, this is amazing.' I said utterly speechless, I didn't know he was going to be this enthusiastic.
'Y-you think so?' He stammered, I nodded in response. He blushed, turning away quickly, hugging the book to himself. We spent the hours we had going through all his notes he made from the night before, no wonder he fell asleep at his desk.

Albus POV:

I watched Gellerts expressions change as he sifted through my research I'd worked hard on, his beautiful eyes gleamed with pride and anticipation.
'Say something in German.' I said, instantly regretting it. I'm not even sure I was meaning to say it aloud, it just sort of slipped out. At first, Gellert looked at me confused but it turned into a smirk.
'Ich denke du hast sehr hübsche Haare.' he smiled.
I had no idea what he said but all I knew is that I loved it, I grinned. His accent makes my heart beat faster, something about it is so beautiful.
'What did you say?' I said, intrigued, he could of said anything.
'Something in German, like you asked.' He said coldly, I think he said it like that to stop me from asking too many questions. Turns out I had made a lot more notes than I previously realised because we had to stay a while. We had ended up laying down on our fronts on the grass, reading parts of my notes. At least that's what we were supposed to be doing, I was too busy trying to think of things he could of said to me. It could just be a bundle of words...random ones but surely he wouldn't do that. No, he must of said it about me, maybe he feels the same? What am I even thinking, of course not. Ich denke du hast sehr hübsche Haare...what do you mean...wait, Haare?
'Did you say something about my hair?' I asked.
'Sorry?' Gellert asked, since it was a few hours ago he said it.
'When you spoke in German earlier, you said Haare, sounds a lot like hair.' I explained.
Gellert said nothing but huffed and ignored me, I don't know why he won't tell me.

When we got to Mrs Bagshots, Gellert went straight to his room after saying goodbye to me. 'Mrs Bagshot?' I called from the porch
'Yes my dear?' She replied, running over to me
'You speak German right?' I whispered, so Gellert couldn't hear.
'Yes...why?'