Chapter 9: The Blood Pact

Albus POV:

We lay on our back staring up at the blue sky, hand in hand.
'Albus?' He called.
I turned onto my side to face him, 'Yeh?'
'I'm serious you know...about all this.' He replied, shifting his eyes to look at me. 'About the cause, you, me, all of it. I want us to find the Hallows, I want us to change the vorld, together. I want you by my side, through all of it.' He spoke passionately, i knew he was serious about this but before I guess I didn't think about it the way he was now.
'I want that too Gellert.' I responded, tightening my grip on his hand.
'Vhich is vhy...I vant to make a blood pact.' He whispered.
'What.'
'If you truly mean it, if ve are to accomplish these things together Albus ve need not fight. I do trust you but all I vant is for us to rule as equals, I have no desire to prove either of us better than the other.' He explained, his eyes held a strange desperation.
'I'd do anything for you Gellert, of course I'll do it.' I agreed, he'd convince me. His words made so much sense and was all I could ever want.

Standing opposite each other, we drew our wands. I pulled my wand across my hand, like a blade, cutting it. My hand started to bleed badly as Gellert did the same. He said an incantation before we put our palms against each other's. I gasped at the emotions threatening to spill over, everything felt so intense. I shut my eyes tightly, Gellert did too. My heart burned for him. He interlocked our fingers together, my breathing became faster, this would bound us for life. This would be a promise I wouldn't never hope to break. He let go, knowing it was done. I let my hand drop to my side, red liquid spilling from it. I watched Gellerts palm as two drops of blood rose and turned to one. A metal case formed around it, protecting its contents. Engraved at the top was a G locked in place with a D, our last names. Gellert flicked his wand and a chain appeared so it was now a necklace. He wore in round his neck, his eyes drawn to my hand, lifting it up he sealed the cut on my hand and then his own, it left a scar.
'I love you Albus.' He whispered, it was the first time I'd ever heard those words.
'I love you too Gellert.' I didn't even have to think, I knew how I felt, this man was everything to me.
'Ve'll take it in turn to vear this.' He said, holding up the vial. I nodded, brushing my lips on his.
That evening when I got back to Godric's Hollow I couldn't have been more happy, we would be connected forever no matter what happens. My thoughts were interrupted by Aberforth stomping into my room.
'I'm going out with the goats, can you look after Ariana?' He asked grumpily.
'Yeh sure-'
'Or so you have better things to do?' He interrupted.
'No...I said it was fine.' I finished.
'Oh...well...I don't want him over here.' He awkwardly crossed his arms.
'Who I invite over is my business, but do not worry, Gellert is busy tonight.'
Aberforth stomped away just as he came and went out the door with a huff. I found Ariana in the living room reading, she does that most days, lets her escape.
'What are you reading Ari?' I asked, sitting opposite her. Ariana lifted her head, her sad eyes stared back at me, 'The one you always read.' She whispered.
'Do you like it too? It's interesting right?' I smiled. She nodded and went back to reading it, I sat with her for a while before she put the book down.
'Is Gellert coming?' She said quietly.
'No no...why do you ask?'
'He's nice...pretty...but he scares me a little.' She admitted.
'There's nothing to be scared of Ari, he won't hurt you.' I replied.
'I know, you like him a lot...I can see it.' She said meekly, placing her small hand on mine.
'I do...he's very passionate about what he believes in,'

Gellert POV:

I could rest now I knew I wouldn't be able to fight him, in truth I'm not scared, or afraid of fighting him. I'm afraid to hurt him, or of him hurting me. If we duelled, it would prove who was stronger, there's no need, we are equals, the leaders of this cause.
'Gellert!' I heard a shout from downstairs, snapping me out of my vision. Fuck. I came down to see Albus waiting.
'Where do you want to go?' He asked as we got outside.
'I don't mind.' I said, all I could think about was my vision, impossible.
'...let's sit on the hills then.' He skipped off, oblivious to what I knew. I sat beside him and instinctively took his hand, maybe a little too tightly. 'Gellert? What's wrong.'
'Nothing, everything is fine.' I lied, but Albus wasn't going to ask again because he knows I'm not going to tell him.
'Ariana asked after you yesterday.' He changed the subject.
'She did?'
'Yes, wondered if you were coming over. She's a little frightened but she knows how much you mean to me.' He kissed my cheek lovingly.
'You mean a great deal to me too Albus.' I said in response.
'If that's true...then I have a question to ask..........there's a...party type thing going on at the field, a tent party. Me and my family will be attending, usually your aunt would come too but I've heard she's declined but I guess I was just thinking.....' he ranted, blushing, 'that maybe you want to come too? It's ok if you don't, it's stupid really I just th-'
'I vant to go.' I interrupted.
'You...want to go?' He looked surprised but ultimately happy.
'Yes, Vhen is it?'
'Tomorrow.'
'I'll be looking forward to it.' I replied, Albus was speechless.
'You uhhh...you have to wear a suit,' he was a deep crimson to match his hair at this point.'
'That's fine.'
Albus, still shocked I had agreed to go just stared at me. 'You're cute vhen you're flustered.' I teased.
'I-I, i am not flustered!' He complained, resting his head on my collar bone. I ran my hands through his hair, watching the sun reflect off the red strands.
'Yes you are, but it's adorable.' I kissed the top of his head.
'I'm just...glad you're going is all, I need someone to help with Aberforth.' I heard him say in defence.
'Good luck with that.' I said, kissing slowly down his neck, I was about to leave a mark before Albus pushed me back slightly.
'Not sure it's going to be a good look for the party Gellert...people will ask.' He whispered.
'Fine!' I said slightly annoyed, I wouldn't care if anyone knew. But I understood Albus cared, he cared a great deal and I would never out him like that.
'You have to promise not to be too hard on Aberforth, yes he can be hateful towards us and yes, he isn't civilised but he's also my brother and has his reasons. I want you to promise you will try your best to not respond, I can stand up for myself.' He asked, his hand pulling back my stray hairs.
'Alright, I'll try. But only for you ok?' I kissed his lips softly, going down, I tried again to leave a mark on his neck but I was pushed back. 'Ugh Albus!'
'After!' He laughed, hitting my shoulder.

I was again inspired by masters.of.death on instagram for the dialogue and Albus asking Gellert to go to the party