Chapter 53: Preparations

Watch out lads because things are about to get super intense and super deep so hope your ready for some dramatic twists and turns.

Albus POV:

I stared up at the ceiling. I swear to god. This was absolute agony. I had no classes since it was the weekend but in this time I rarely have anything to do but...think. And as you've gathered, for me, thinking isn't the best. I closed my eyes, this world is cruel. This world makes you make mistakes and doesn't let you correct them as if they were extra credit homework. Life is serious and deadly.

I refused to let my age get a hold on my body. Though I may have wrinkles and a few grey hairs here and there, that won't stop me from being an absolute kid when it comes to sweets. I sat up again to grab my box of sherbet lemons and crammed them into my mouth. What a sad sight, what have I become? Mcgonagall often tells me I need to rest but I tell her time and time again that Grindelwald wouldn't rest so why should I? Just because he's a couple years younger doesn't mean I'm suffering worse in my weakened state.

Travers hasn't stopped bothering me with constant owls, I've tried to break this stupid pendant. In theory, it sounds pretty simple but this isn't something you can just smash a hammer on...I tried that. It's taken years of dedication and I still haven't done it. It's extremely tiresome...I just don't know what to do anymore. I'm just going to have to face him without it being broken, when the time comes, I'll have to fight him.

'Dumbledore!' I heard a shout followed by the click of heels from Professor Mcgonagall who burst into the room.

Worry was etched across her face, breaking me out of my depressed haze, 'What is it Mcgonagall?'

She shook her head, 'You need to see this,' she placed a copy of the newest edition of The Daily Prophet, published this morning, on my desk. The front page morphed from some prisoner who had been locked up to the worst thing that could've been on there.

Grindelwald sighted in London

Gellert Grindelwald, the worlds biggest threat, has recently been sighted in London with his many followers in tow. The ministry have things under control and are doing their best to track him down and lock him up for good. There's yet to be a proper development but it is thought that he is being suspiciously open about his location. What is his agenda?

I read it and then placed it down calmly...but on the inside I was the complete opposite. London, London, London? He's practically here, he's practically with me. He's waiting for me oh god...oh god.

'Dumbledore...are you ok,' Mcgonagall asked unsurely.

I coughed, blinking a few times and stood up. I bottled up my emotions and tried to compose myself. I say tried because within seconds I completely combust.

'No,' I sobbed, sinking back into my chair and crying into my hands, 'How am I suppose to do this? The whole fate of the wizarding world is resting on my shoulders and I haven't even broken the stupid pact but he wants me to fight him? I'm not worthy,'

Mcgonagall knelt down beside me, 'Albus, you have greater power than any wizard or witch I've ever met. You have this weight because you're the only person who can do it, who will do it. I believe in you as does everyone. You will do this because it's what is right. You will always do the right thing no matter what and that's a quality I admire in you,'

I nodded, wiping my tears away I stood up with a new sense of courage, belief and power. 'I need to get the others,' I told her, striding off to send the owls.