Chapter 44: Eternal Bruise

Gellert POV:

It's been a while since my last big rally and I've decided not to hold another one. If I'm really serious about this I need to do more than just speak empty words. We arrived back in Nurmenguard shortly after that rally, we've been back for a few years and my Acolytes have not been tolerable. They don't understand my frustration, my anger. Only one person would.

The familiar touch of grass brushed against my hands as I appeared next to a certain red head. To my surprise he appeared to be crying. 'Albus?' I clutched his hand, my heart swelling with anxiousness as the glittering tears fell from his eyes, 'vhats wrong?'
Realising I was there, Albus wiped his face on the white sleeve of his shirt, 'Sorry, I didn't know you were there-'
'Vhats wrong?' I interrupted, repeating my question.
'N-nothing.' He stammered.
'Albus, tell me.' I had never seen this Albus have real emotion before, let alone cry...maybe this is real after all?
He sniffed, 'I...don't know.' An eerie silence filled the air as I suddenly felt like a dark force was present. Albus continued to sob into his hands. Everything felt...strange. The scenery I once loved now seemed rather unwelcoming, like they did want me to be here.
'Albus.' I went to pull him closer to me but he instantly froze up and shoved me away.
'No.' He said sternly, seeming very angry all of a sudden.
I studied his expression, trying to make sense of it all but his face read the same as his actions. Furious. 'Vhy von't you talk to me?' I asked hesitantly.
'How dare you.' He ignored my question, standing and clenching his fists, 'I should have killed you when I had the chance.'
Where did that come from? What the fuck is going on here? Why is he being like this? 'Not a day goes by I don't regret it.' He added.
I cleared my throat, not sure what to say to the random outburst, 'I don't understand-'
'What is it you don't understand? You killed my sister and took my brother from me! How could I ever love you after that?' He grimaced, repulsed at the sight of me. Whilst trying to process what he'd just said, my eyes were automatically drawn to his arm. I hadn't noticed but it was covered in black bruises going all the way up from his hand.
I narrowed my eyes, 'Vhat happened to your arm?' I asked, confusion forming like knots in my brain.
He looked pained for a second before breaking eye contact with me, not answering. The bruises looked fresh and they're definitely covering majority of his arm. He turned around, walking directly towards the lake. 'Vhy are you leaving?' I questioned, raising my voice a little in panic.
Hesitating, he stopped, coming back over and whispering, 'You never knew did you?' He gave me a small smile before walking away again. I was so confused by his words that I didn't call out to him, instead I watched as he disappeared into the lake. I was alone. I stood there for a few moments, not quite believing what had just happened. If Albus isn't here...
It still hadn't sunk in but I found my feet taking me through the familiar route to Godric's Hollow. My fist met the oak door as I knocked on the door to my aunts. I waited but nothing happened. A little annoyed, I knocked again, waiting a little longer this time. Still no answer. My annoyance turned into worry.
'Tante!' I called, knocking vigorously on the door till my knuckles felt numb. Without worrying about Aberforth answering the door, I knocked on the Dumbledores, 'Aberforth! Ariana!' I shouted, banging as hard as I could. But no one answered. If this is my safe space...why do I feel so unsafe?

Albus POV:

I slammed the blood pact on the floor a good few times before I gave up, tossing it aside. I started to pour bottle after bottle of various toxic potions into a bowl. Drawing my wand and casting a few spells on it too. Maybe this would work? I picked up the pact again and dunked it into the mixture. As soon as the blood pact was about to touch the surface, the liquid moved itself out the way, spinning around to stay away from it. I tried for a few minutes before I chucked it across the room, something I do often. I groaned, holding my head in my hands. I'd tried everything I could think of, even if I didn't think it would work. I was becoming very tired of coming to the same conclusion. It can't be destroyed. That can't be true then again Gellert was as powerful as he is now. Leaving my room, I walked quietly down the corridors, letting my thoughts come and go. I knew I couldn't wait forever, I just couldn't. My life felt like I was enclosed in a box which I'd never be able to get out of because to get out of the box I needed something that was outside. Why couldn't I have been a normal child? Why did I have to have so many complications? A simple life, one where my parents didn't leave, my sister wasn't ill and I didn't love Gellert. I often fantasied about the possibility of me being 'normal' but I know if these things hadn't happened I wouldn't be the man I am today. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Tom looking suspiciously around, like he didn't want to be caught. 'Good evening Tom.' I called.
His head looked up in surprise, 'oh, hello professor,'
I came over to him, 'you've been here long enough to know not to wonder the corridors at night, it's against the rules.'
He gave a charming smile, 'you're not going to punish me right Professor?'
I shook my head at his playful cheek, 'that depends on your reasoning.'
Tom thought for a moment, 'I was studying in the library sir, I have lots of work to do now I'm in my sixth year.'
I chuckled, 'I should think so! Run along to bed now Tom.'
'Of course sir.' He grinned, speedily heading off to his dorm room. At least I have sherbet lemons, cockroach clusters, astronomy, teaching, raspberry jam and knitting patterns. They're still enjoyable. I was so deep in thought I didn't realise that I was actually deep in water. Once the ice cold liquid reached my ankles I recoiled in shock, realising my slippers were drenched. I looked down, seeing something in the reflection. As soon as I read what it said my head shot up to see the message written on the wall...in blood.

Ok this is definitely messy but I find it hard to expand things in description because I just want to get straight to the point so sorry about that. Also what is happening in Gellert's dream? Why did Albus have bruises? Why did I do a split POV for this chapter?